Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 3 needle bind off
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sesamestreetknitter
New Pal

24 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  12:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit sesamestreetknitter's Homepage Send sesamestreetknitter a Private Message
how do you do a 3 needle bind off? i must not be looking in the right place, because i really cant find anything on how to do it. can anyone help?

big bird says hi.

Miss Maia
Chatty Knitter

USA
314 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Maia's Homepage Send Miss Maia a Private Message
Hold the two pieces you want to bind together with right sides facing each other. You want them to be aligned on top of each other in your left hand (assuming you normally hold your knitting in your left hand). Put the point of another needle into the first stitch of each needle knit-wise and knit them together. Continue on to the next two stitches, binding off as you go. After a few stitches, turn it over and see how it looks. You may need to adjust your tension to get it to look right.

Maia
My blog, Maia Spins
Go to Top of Page

sjanova
Seriously Hooked

USA
963 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  2:43:18 PM  Show Profile Send sjanova a Private Message
The explanation from Maia is great. I use this all the time. I'll never seam the sole of a bootie again! Here are a few places I found on the web that have pictures to show you.

This one is to attach a fringe edge to a scarf.

This one is for a sweater shoulder seam (Hmm. Looks like a flat, not shaped, shoulder, but I'm hoping to use it for a stepped shoulder. I'll have to experiment.)

There's a video thatI haven't been able to watch on my computer (yet) but the pictures show you what the finished product looks like.

This has some good pictures of the process and the finished look.

and so forth. All I did was use google and type in: three needle bind off and I came up with lots of hits. I love this technique!! (You couldn't tell, right? )

sja
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  5:59:25 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message
It's really easy--even I can do it, lol.

Anne

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  05:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Great pictures. It isn't as hard as you think.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
>I'm hoping to use it for a stepped shoulder<
Use short rows for your shoulders leaving live stitches along the edges that can be used for the bind off.

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.