Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hooray, it's finished!
 Fiber Trend Clogs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rinn
Chatty Knitter

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  06:14:09 AM  Show Profile Send Rinn a Private Message
Your clogs look great! They are way too much fun to make—and quick! I've made them for everyone that wants a pair in my family, but it's not enough. I want to make more! The hardest part of the pattern is the second row of the sole IMHO. Be sure and count your stitches after this one! I love how as you're knitting the upper part and you come to the slipped stitch you know whether you've done that row correctly or not. The first pair I made I got off a bit...

I've done all mine with Lamb's Pride Bulky (one strand) and they've all come out great. I have started making them with a higher cuff as I find it more comfortable.

You can add soles for gripping if you like, but I like mine kind of cushy feeling and once you put any kind of rubber or leather sole on it makes them less cushy. You can buy soles from Fiber Trends that you can sew on, or any shoe repair shop can put a sole on for you.

I made my 80 year old Mother a pair. She lives by herself too, but I made her promise to change into something different when going down stairs since she didn't want a sole put on them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?