Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Desert Island Stash
 I am stranded on a deserted island!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2002 :  07:31:43 AM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
Hi it's me, I am stranded on a deserted island 12 miles off the coast of Maine, it's an hour ferry ride to get to the nearest civilization!!!!!! I would definitely take Browns Sheeps Cotton Fleece in Lilac it makes the CUTEST infant stuff for girlies of course.....and I would take my size 9 circular needles.......I have that pattern memorized so the book I would take would be Maine Island Kids by North Haven Designs.....and then I would definitely also smuggle in my Debbie Bliss books too!!!!!!! Thank god this island isn't THAT deserte4d!!!!

Friends Welcome

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2002 :  08:58:54 AM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
Hi Heather! I try to imagine what your island must be like...how large is it...how many people live there....how peaceful and quiet it must be.....it seems like another plant to me compared to the plains of Oklahoma! If you ever decide to develop a home page I would LOVE to see pictures of your paradise! What a wonderful way to raise a child! We have always dreamed of owning a large spread of land and home schooling our children and I imagine your island would be similar to the environment that we dreamed of creating for our family. Unfortunately, we must always live by a large city because of my husbands career.....maybe after he retires....!

Go to Top of Page

Shysmommy
Warming Up

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2002 :  4:46:38 PM  Show Profile Send Shysmommy a Private Message
Well as with all situations there are positives as well as negatives to living in such a small place! It is tiny really 9 miles wide and 12 miles long.....350 year round residents......In the summer we have about 3000. I went from an 8th grade class of 2546 in Virginia to a class of 4 girls that I went through high school with and graduated with.....My daughters class will be a class of 2 girls!?!?!?! Poor buys in the next class don't stand a chance......Right now there is one school k-12I think they do have a web site and there are 68 kids......the island is currently debating over a $6,000,000.00 school for the kids........I still can't believe it. Anyway, yes I would like to start a web site just need some pictures, and I need to get my work website doen....I run the Transfer Station/ Recycling center here on island, and I am trying to bring it out of the dark ages!!!! The only thing that keeps me here (besides the beauty of my rock) is knowing that my daughter will be safe......after all every kid has about 100 mothers. But the politics of living on a small secluded island town can drive a strong sane person to total insanity...... Love hearing from everyone!!!!!

Friends Welcome
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?