Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Too many:
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  10:24:40 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I just keep starting and starting. Now I have the PNW shawl, garden shawl, a pullover sweater for gd, vest, a sock, a baby sweater,afghan, Barbara Walker Afghan square, and started a new wonderful sweater for me. The Sage Lace Cardigan from Knitters. Maybe it is time to tend to my knitting and stop looking for new projects. [crazy]

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

TalesOfYarn
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2006 :  09:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit TalesOfYarn's Homepage Send TalesOfYarn a Private Message
I know what you mean. I'm not even sure how many things I currently have on the needles.

Cindy

http://tales-of-yarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  08:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
I really need to make a list of all of my UFOs and get to work. I keep seeing so many neat patterns that I want to start. When I finish what I've got started, then I'll move on. (Usually my famous last words - before casting on another sock)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
or my shop
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  08:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
I really need to make a list of all of my UFOs and get to work. I keep seeing so many neat patterns that I want to start. When I finish what I've got started, then I'll move on. (Usually my famous last words - before casting on another sock)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
or my shop
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi - I just sorted mine this morning before logging in ! That's as far as it got - too many UFOs to think about ! In the meantime .......No seriously, I do most of my knitting in the evenings or on buses, trains,walking along the road etc. My next deadline is 14th October - got to have about 50 toys finished by then - adrenaline kicks in during last 10 days!!! Happy knitting - Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi - I just sorted mine this morning before logging in ! That's as far as it got - too many UFOs to think about ! In the meantime .......No seriously, I do most of my knitting in the evenings or on buses, trains,walking along the road etc. My next deadline is 14th October - got to have about 50 toys finished by then - adrenaline kicks in during last 10 days!!! Happy knitting - Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
My mind is boggled by the sheer numbers of wanna-do patterns in my possession. I too wanted to start the PNW shawl, but haven't yet, and now I want to do so many other shawls (Diamond Fantasy, Kerry Blue, Flower Basket), and socks, and felted items.....and, and, and. I'm kind of thinking about gifts, too - a vest for DH, a bolero for little miss granddaughter, the afghan I started, stuffed toys, et cetera. I have a few purses left to finish... I swatch for things and then have to stop myself, because I don't really want to overdo it - how hard it is, though! I too want to make a list of my UFOs. I think it will help to have a checklist of to-do items staring me in the face.
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
My mind is boggled by the sheer numbers of wanna-do patterns in my possession. I too wanted to start the PNW shawl, but haven't yet, and now I want to do so many other shawls (Diamond Fantasy, Kerry Blue, Flower Basket), and socks, and felted items.....and, and, and. I'm kind of thinking about gifts, too - a vest for DH, a bolero for little miss granddaughter, the afghan I started, stuffed toys, et cetera. I have a few purses left to finish... I swatch for things and then have to stop myself, because I don't really want to overdo it - how hard it is, though! I too want to make a list of my UFOs. I think it will help to have a checklist of to-do items staring me in the face.
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  8:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Wendyb - I can relate to lists - but you really have to cross things off as you go - it does actually make you feel pretty good each time you cross something completed. HOWEVER I have problems sticking to those lists - sometimes I make several lists - lists of lists the list goes on!!![whatever]It may work for you!! Good luck and Happy Knitting Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2006 :  8:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Wendyb - I can relate to lists - but you really have to cross things off as you go - it does actually make you feel pretty good each time you cross something completed. HOWEVER I have problems sticking to those lists - sometimes I make several lists - lists of lists the list goes on!!![whatever]It may work for you!! Good luck and Happy Knitting Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

cadavidson
Chatty Knitter

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  3:47:48 PM  Show Profile Send cadavidson a Private Message
I'm so happy to see there are other people like me! There was a question on the forum of how many projects people had on their needles and I think the most anyone admitted to was 4! Yikes! I have way more than 4! They are in all different stages, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to keep starting projects.

Claudia

Love what you do and do what you love
Go to Top of Page

cadavidson
Chatty Knitter

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  3:47:48 PM  Show Profile Send cadavidson a Private Message
I'm so happy to see there are other people like me! There was a question on the forum of how many projects people had on their needles and I think the most anyone admitted to was 4! Yikes! I have way more than 4! They are in all different stages, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to keep starting projects.

Claudia

Love what you do and do what you love
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message
Starting is easy, it's the finishing that's ... um ... elusive. I was doing so well, with only three, but this weekend I realized that Startitis has gotten me again. Five different lace projects, socks, two sweaters and a weird "what do you do with leftover sock yarn" thing that's going to take years to finish.

I'd make a list of all the projects I'd like to do, but there are so many ideas swirling around in the back of my head that the list would be overwhelmingly long.

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message
Starting is easy, it's the finishing that's ... um ... elusive. I was doing so well, with only three, but this weekend I realized that Startitis has gotten me again. Five different lace projects, socks, two sweaters and a weird "what do you do with leftover sock yarn" thing that's going to take years to finish.

I'd make a list of all the projects I'd like to do, but there are so many ideas swirling around in the back of my head that the list would be overwhelmingly long.

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by