Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Ideal Knitting Bag
 size of bag?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  05:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
I want to start taking a simple knitting project with me during my commute, part of which is spent on a bus, or waiting for a bus (the rest of the time I'm walking). I thought I would take a sock and I have the Knitknack Sack and like it. But at the moment I am working on hats for donations to Caps to the Capitol and the Dulaan project, and the KnitKnack Sack is too small. But I already walk carrying a backpack, often with a laptop inside. So I guess I need something large enough for a few skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted and the hat in progress (multicolor projects), but light enough so that I can carry it along side (or even inside) the backpack. Any suggestions?

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/

KS
Seriously Hooked

862 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  07:44:16 AM  Show Profile Send KS a Private Message
My solution isn't really very elegant, but it works. A gallon ziploc bag. You can squeeze all the extra air out of it to make is smaller & put it on your backpack with the laptop.

I never take extra bits along with my waiting time projects, so I only need the yarn & the project on the needles. I don't even take a pattern, though a copy folded, along with a highlighter for the color chart doesn't take much space.

KS
Go to Top of Page

RobA
Permanent Resident

2373 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  10:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit RobA's Homepage Send RobA a Private Message
KS,

I really think that is the best solution... A few skeins of Lambs Pride, the circular needle with the hat, a crochet hook (for the dropped stitches) and a folded copy of the pattern. Yup, that'd work.

Rob http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits/
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
Good solution. I know that many women don't want to carry too many bags. I have one knitting tote, though, that I could fit knitting & other things in, so I'd just have the 1 big bag to hold all my stuff.

Come see me at my blog:cozy's place

Knitting addict since November '03

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.