Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Sunday Sept. 24, Come with your Fiber and Join us
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blindhands
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  12:32:29 PM  Show Profile Send Blindhands a Private Message
10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday September 24
Oronoque Farms Front Porch
188 Leavenworth Road [route 110]
Shelton, CT

Just Round the Korner Friends would like you to join us on the Front Porch of Oronoque Farms to sit a while and busy your hands with your favorite fiber project and meet some new friends! There will be a circular sock machine demonstration going on. Please bring a chair and join us! Let me know if you would be interested in starting up a group on the weekend. Just Round the Korner Friends are always looking for new friends to join us.

Come out and see these old time antique circular sock machines cranking out socks! Learn from folks that have cleaned, oiled and coaxed these old timers out from the attics and patiently got them back into shape. Who knows you might have one of these lost in your Grandma’s attic and don’t have any idea of what you can do with it.

We will be out there sharing information and helping each other to learn more about these circular sock machines. Folks will be coming from CT, NY, MA and Maine with their machines.

The First Annual Oronoque Fall Festival will be featuring the circular sock machine demonstration. The Circular Sock Machines have been invited there by “Just Round the Korner Friends”, a busy hands fiber lover group that meets every Wednesday afternoon on the Front Porch!

Please come and join us, bring your knitting or crocheting or other fiber busy hands projects along and join us on Sunday! Meet you on the Front Porch!

Joyce Kane

If you have any questions contact me: Justroundkorner@aol.com

For any further information

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  10:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Oh, it sounds like such fun, but Connecticut is a bit too far for me to drive to :-( Hope you have a great time, and if you can post some pictures after for those of us on the "wrong" side of the country!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by