Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Knitting gift received.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  12:12:31 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

Yesterday I received Big Girl Knits and realised I'm not as big as I thought, but its an excellent book.

The lady is from KR and she is one of the most beautiful people I have ever come across.

Thank you Mari.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  2:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
What a lovely gift! I have borrowed this book from the library (I, too, am not quite that big ) and I found the beginning sections on what shape of clothing looks better on larger bodies and measuring the body to be excellent. I am sure that you will learn heaps from the book. Sadly there were only one or two actual patterns that I liked.

KathyR
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  09:04:02 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Kathy,

I am already measuring myself up for a ballet top and went out and bought a good fitting bra today, for years I have been wearing a size 14B and found out I am actually a 16B, so no wonder everything looked terrible on me, making me look like I had 3 boobs.

Hopefully this ballet top which is supposed to be the most flattering thing a woman can wear will turn out well, I will even do a tension square.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a nice gift to receive.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by