Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 My Worst Nightmare
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  11:47:20 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

Yesterday I don't know if it was a full moon or not, but I kneeled on the bed and broke a knitting needle, then I pulled out my tape measure, pressed the button to make it go back in again and it just died. Then this morning I stepped on another knitting needle.

Also I know I was tired last night but I decided to sew up my son's jumper, I had a look at it this morning and I'd sewed up the neck and you don't want to know where one of the sleeves ended up.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.

pinecone70
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
393 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  07:01:58 AM  Show Profile Send pinecone70 a Private Message
Oh, that's awful!
*Sending good wishes your way*
Go to Top of Page

Queen Knitsalot
Permanent Resident

USA
1331 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  07:12:43 AM  Show Profile Send Queen Knitsalot a Private Message
Sounds like one of those days, you know, when you just really have to leave the knitting alone, get a blankie and a good book and hibernate before you do grievous injury to yourself or your knitting!! That's my solution, it works for me although its hard to ignore the current WIP whispering my name, calling to me to come knit!!

suzanne
"The most wasted day in all our lives is the day on which we have not laughed"--I wish I knew
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  12:46:19 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
Ya, I think I'd take a break from the knitting. Of course my break would probably involve a bottle of red wine :-)

Maria

Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  3:17:01 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi - I had a day like that yesterday ! At 5pm Sydney time (Sunday 24th)we had a power blackout after a tree hit powerlines a few metres up the road!Strong winds all day and threats of bushfires everywhere - I couldn't use the computer[crazy][crazy] and its difficult to knit by candlelight !! The power was off until 8.30 pm -[!][!]back on again now and at least we are all safe and counting our blessings!!!!Happy knitting everyone!!Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  03:06:41 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message

Rose, days like that try the patience of a saint. I find it hard to act like a mature adult...you know, a big sigh and a "so-be-it" with no screaming, cussing or any other sort of vent.

That is why I like the bottle of red wine idea!

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

technikat
Gabber Extraordinaire

595 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  08:17:22 AM  Show Profile Send technikat a Private Message
That does sound like having a bad day. I think it's definitely a day to curl up with a book and hibernate. Just to stay out of trouble, you know.

My FOs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/technikat/
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  08:59:00 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

I definitely like the red wine idea.

LucyLocket I heard you had really bad winds up in Sydney and that the bushfires have already started, you are in the Blue Mountains aren't you. Take care and get all the crap out of the gutter (like I have to tell you that, duh!!!).

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Rose, Bummer!!!! Big Hug.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  9:35:44 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message
Hi Rose - Thanks for the the tip but having lived in this neck of the woods for 21 years .......seriously though it may be a difficult summer after two relatively quiet ones!!By the way you can't blame your bad day on a full moon but there was a NEW moon on 22nd Sept.!!Here's to some good luck !!Happy Knitting - Lucylocket
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  11:08:04 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
I don't drink but I do make bread. One can work out a lot of frustrations while kneading bread. Just don't try to knit without washing our hands well, really well, after kneading.

Unfortunately, I speak from experience.

Rose, I do hope things have improved Down Under. I have friends in WA and I often sign myself Margie, Up Over. Makes sense to me but then I'm kind of wierd.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  12:16:27 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi LucyLocket,

My sister lives in the Adelaide Hills and she always thought they'd never have a bushfire and look what happened there, you have to be careful darling.

Thanks for the good luck, I seriously need it.

Wanda your a star, thank you for the hug.

Margie I think we are all weird in our own ways, that's why we are knitters.

Go to Top of Page

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  04:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message
Hi, Rose. I'm in Georgia--it's actually cool here this morning and a nice change from very warm days.

I'm so sorry about you've had such a bad time of it. I love to read, too, and that's my other soother, beside knitting.

What is a jumper? I've seen the term in other posts,too, and thought it might be some type of sweater. Is that right?

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  06:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
Rose, you made me smile ruefully as once a month I turn into an utter carthorse where I sit on needles, break crockery and walk into things I am capable of effectively circumnavigating for the other three weeks of the month. Luckily I avoid the attendant mood swings so I can still laugh at myself.

What you did to your son's jumper though sounds very funny - I'd love to see a picture of him trying to get into it...

Hang in there!

Jane

PS Barbara, a jumper in the UK and Australia is indeed what you call a sweater.

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  5:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message
Thanks, Jane.

I'd love to visit your country some day. It's a lonnnnnnnnng way from Georgia, but you never know!

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  5:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by knits_for_preemies

Thanks, Jane.

I'd love to visit your country some day. It's a lonnnnnnnnng way from Georgia, but you never know!

Well if you do, Barbara, there will be a warm London welcome waiting for you!

Jane (who will try and get further than New York City if she visits the US again)

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  8:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Oh Rose, I felt like you were living my life! I hope things are better for you. I've just gotten used to things. If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all! ;-)

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  12:32:50 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Jane,

You too huh!!! Speaking of visiting when will you be back again or for good?

You know I couldn't think of how to explain a jumper, I thought jersey, but you've hit it on the head, a sweater.

Jaime, I've got a feeling its to do with chocolate time.

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.