Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Ticuna cabled sweater vest
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsins
Warming Up

58 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  2:17:21 PM  Show Profile Send jsins a Private Message
I'm working on the Ticuna sweater vest from the Berroco website. Here's the link in case anyone else is looking for a pattern: http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/ticuna/ticuna.html

I've converted the pattern to knit in the round as I am not great at doing seams so I like to minimize them as much as possible. I made the mistake of twisting it the first time around so I had to frog it last night after spending over an hour trying to figure out how to back out of the twist. On the daily knitter site, I found a tip to knit the first several rows flat and then join the sides together when knitting in the round to avoid getting a twist. I am going to restart the project tonight and give that a try. Does anyone else have any tips for avoiding twists when starting to a project knit in the round?

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  5:18:17 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
That's a really cute pattern! I hope you post a picture when you are done.

As far as knitting in the round without twisting the stitches, what I do is to cast on in the round, then lay the needle on a table in a circle. I position all the stitches so the bottom of the stitches is toward the center of the circle. It's easier if your needle isn't too small for the work, which it is sometimes for me if I need a 32 inch needle but only have a 24 inch.

Hope this helps,
pieheart

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday----Dale Carnegie
blog: http://museknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  5:18:17 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
That's a really cute pattern! I hope you post a picture when you are done.

As far as knitting in the round without twisting the stitches, what I do is to cast on in the round, then lay the needle on a table in a circle. I position all the stitches so the bottom of the stitches is toward the center of the circle. It's easier if your needle isn't too small for the work, which it is sometimes for me if I need a 32 inch needle but only have a 24 inch.

Hope this helps,
pieheart

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday----Dale Carnegie
blog: http://museknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth