Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Fine-Gauge Machines
 i bought it
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  09:11:47 AM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
hi all
i replace my knitting machine from michaels and bought one at mary maxims i am using it for charity knitting afghans and scarfs and so far it really does work well and if it continues to i can make more of the stuff i want to donate never mind making a dent in my stash you can use super fine up to medium weight and some bulky which i havent tried yet it cost me 75.00 not to bad
sylvia

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
what machine did you get?

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  11:45:09 AM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
hi
what it is called is the adult knitting machine i bought it at may maxim i cant believe that it is made only for mary maxim
sylvia
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Looks interesting. Exactly how does it work? From what I can see, it looks like you cast on the stitches as you would for a corker/French knitting and then crank away. Can you do different types of stitches or just stocking stitch? Have you used it for flat and round knitting?

Sorry for all the questions but I would love to get something like that.

http://www.femiknits.blog-city.com/knitting_for_canadian_troops.htm
http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  5:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Sylvia, it looks like you can only knit in the round. Are you able to knit flat, too?

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  7:34:34 PM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
hi all
you cast on 44 stitches and it works in the round or flat there is a crank that you turn i have made a couple scarfs and it looks fine
flat knitting is done by turning the crank clokwise to the end of the stitches and counterclockwise to the other end it is like knitting back and forth right now it is working out for me because i have to finish my things for the salvation army by november 20
i would never knit a sweater on this machine but they do have a pattern for it maybe when i have less to do i am sure that there must be a mary maxim in your area have a looke at it
sylvia
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  7:38:20 PM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
hi
i forgot to say i am not sure if you can do anything else other than stocking stitch i will look it up and get back to you
sylvia
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  09:37:55 AM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
hi
the machine does only stocking stitch but i have done several scarfs in the round and they do come out very nice you can also knit a cowl flat knitting
i am going try out some of my fuzzy yarn i think patons has something to do with this machine
sylvia
ps knitting flat doe not leave to bad of a curly edge easy to sew or crochet together
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe