Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Linen Drape
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

corie
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile Send corie a Private Message
What do you think of this yarn? I am making a low cut V neck halter in this yarn (from Rowan mag #31) and I was wondering about the texture. What are your experiences? Have you noticed any good substitution yarns?

Cheers,
Corie

chrisknit
Chatty Knitter

Australia
279 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  3:03:56 PM  Show Profile Send chrisknit a Private Message
Corie I made the split neck top - Essence, from rowan mag #29 in a light blue. It turned out very nice and I found it pleasant to work with, didn't snag on my bamboo needles. I haven't washed or worn it though as I think I have to lose some more weight to feel comfortable in it. Are you having problems with it?
Chrissy

Go to Top of Page

chrisknit
Chatty Knitter

Australia
279 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  3:03:56 PM  Show Profile Send chrisknit a Private Message
Corie I made the split neck top - Essence, from rowan mag #29 in a light blue. It turned out very nice and I found it pleasant to work with, didn't snag on my bamboo needles. I haven't washed or worn it though as I think I have to lose some more weight to feel comfortable in it. Are you having problems with it?
Chrissy

Go to Top of Page

ms_little
Warming Up

Australia
61 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  05:03:52 AM  Show Profile Send ms_little a Private Message
Hi there, I made a simple shell top using a soft pink colour. The yarn is a pleasure to work with and gets softer with each wash and wear. My only warning is to measure a swatch before AND after washing as there is definitely shrinkage in the length. Also tends to stretch slightly with wear but the shape returns after washing. Overall, it's a lovely yarn to work with.

Go to Top of Page

ms_little
Warming Up

Australia
61 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  05:03:52 AM  Show Profile Send ms_little a Private Message
Hi there, I made a simple shell top using a soft pink colour. The yarn is a pleasure to work with and gets softer with each wash and wear. My only warning is to measure a swatch before AND after washing as there is definitely shrinkage in the length. Also tends to stretch slightly with wear but the shape returns after washing. Overall, it's a lovely yarn to work with.

Go to Top of Page

corie
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  08:05:38 AM  Show Profile Send corie a Private Message
Thanks for your advice. I am making a honeymoon gift for my soon-to-be sister, and wanted to get some words of wisdom from the knowledgeable ladies (and gents?) here on the board. I am going to the yarn shop today to get some pretty linen drape and get crackin! Thanks again! I'll let you know how it turns out when I'm done!

Corie :)

Go to Top of Page

corie
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  08:05:38 AM  Show Profile Send corie a Private Message
Thanks for your advice. I am making a honeymoon gift for my soon-to-be sister, and wanted to get some words of wisdom from the knowledgeable ladies (and gents?) here on the board. I am going to the yarn shop today to get some pretty linen drape and get crackin! Thanks again! I'll let you know how it turns out when I'm done!

Corie :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?