Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 I Got My First Star Today
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

knittiegirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  09:18:07 AM  Show Profile Send knittiegirl a Private Message
I know this is crazy - but I am so excited that I got my very first KR Star today! I've moved from a "New Pal" to a "Warming Up" and now I too have that neat little star under my name! :)

Silly, I know - but somehow I feel like I belong even a little more! If I weren't a member of the No Yarn club - I'd go out and celebrate. But since I am a member (who has to wait to buy yarn until September 8th) I will instead just post this happy little post to tell you all how happy I am to be a part of this forum!

Thanks! Knittiegirl

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  09:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I completely understand your excitement. I don't have any stars yet... but I'm working on it. Funny I am off yarn till sept 15th. I was supposed to be done fasting on sept 1st but I fell off the wagon so I added 2 weeks. Good luck with your no yarn for the month!

Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  09:28:58 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
All Right KnittieGirl!!! One star today......keep on posting!!!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

OryxRun
Seriously Hooked

USA
625 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  09:53:38 AM  Show Profile Send OryxRun a Private Message
I know how you feel; it is exciting to see the star appear. I know I was. Go you, may you have may stars appear

Mary

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  10:31:46 AM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
*pout* I have no stars -- my number of posts doesnt even show. Can anyone tell me how to fix this???

Go to Top of Page

momrnc
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:04:40 AM  Show Profile Send momrnc a Private Message
OMG!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait until I get my first star (and as some may have noticed I'm working hard on it!)

I don't think it's silly at all. I think everyone wants to feel they belong, especially if it is a group that interests you (like this one ). I get excited when someone responds to one of my posts--I feel wow, I actually contributed something worthwhile!

Thevalkyry, e-mail Clara directly (clara@knittersreview.com); that's what I did and she fixed it for me right away.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

knittiegirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:56:22 AM  Show Profile Send knittiegirl a Private Message
YAY! Thank you for being happy for me! It really is exciting!

I love to post on this website. You guys give me courage to try all kind of new knitting adventures.

I love those stars - they really cheer up the area, you know?

Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
I love the stars- I got my 2nd one in -2 weeks, so fast that I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed at talking so much.
Anyway, good for you, and go for it! On a different board, I was in a race- posting meaningless posts about really nothing- trying to out-do the queen of posters, who had more than 1,000!!!!! Sigh, I've yet to break 400 yet.
Anyway, I'm happy for you!!!
Sarah

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php
(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

Lindsey-Brooke
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  12:08:59 PM  Show Profile Send Lindsey-Brooke a Private Message
I post randomly when I find the time and hadn't noticed I had a star. Thanks for the day brightener!

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  12:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Bravo! I remember feeling the same little tingle with my first star...and the second...and the next...

Contrary to popular belief, though, Bev and I and other "Permanent Residents" do not sleep with our heads on the keyboard and our needles and yarn dangling from our fingers!!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

clevergrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  1:13:44 PM  Show Profile Send clevergrl a Private Message
i have to admit, i'm a little jealous ; just joshing . i understand what a benchmark that is, and instead of being jealous of you, i'm excited for you, and i look forward to the day when i too will have a little star! congrats.
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  1:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Yes, the stars are nice, congratulations.

Vicky by the Bay started at the same time as me and we were running neck and neck in the number of postings, then she went on vacation and I pulled ahead. But now look at her stars, it must be all that double posting she's doing! LOL

Luv ya Vicky! You earned every star you have! Someday I will be there too, perhaps I just don't have enough to say??? Nah! LOL

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Lindsey-Brooke
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  1:25:47 PM  Show Profile Send Lindsey-Brooke a Private Message
I guess I could post daily countdowns to the retreat to add to my posting counts! Vicky would love it! (Wouldn't you,Vicky?)

Go to Top of Page

knitnerd
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  5:42:27 PM  Show Profile Send knitnerd a Private Message
More knitting,less posting.

Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  6:20:32 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Dee, It's the insomnia!!! You would be ahead of me if you had to stay up all night once in awhile too. I'm sure it's NOT that you don't have enough to say...I'm sure. L-B, Yes double post daily count downs to the retreat....that's the ticket!!!! Knitnerd, I knit as I read the postings...so that won't work!!! Teasing is okay w/ me....remember I grew up w/ 4 brothers who teased me mercilessly!!!That's why I am the way I am!!! Blame them!!!!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  6:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Vicky, don't feel so bad- I've got 3 brothers and I'm the same way, lol!!! Teasing goes right past me...:) :) :) Makes for an easy-going person, I guess!!! :-D
Sarah

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php
(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  6:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
Hehehe, I can't wait for that first star. Unfortunately, I was one of those folks who wasn't getting a total number of posts for a while. (Didn't even notice for a couple of weeks.) Clara has happily fixed the problem, but it didn't give me credit for previous posts. Sigh. So I had to start over! I'm sure I'll make it up in no time.

Kristin

Go to Top of Page

jess1626
Chatty Knitter

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  8:07:19 PM  Show Profile Send jess1626 a Private Message
quote:

*pout* I have no stars -- my number of posts doesnt even show. Can anyone tell me how to fix this???

Get ahold of Clara (the Queen Bee), she should be able to take care of it for you.
:)
Go to Top of Page

54ever@vgernet.net
Warming Up

61 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  8:19:46 PM  Show Profile Send 54ever@vgernet.net a Private Message
YEAH! Knittiegirl,

I Hope to have my first star soon. I don't think it's silly.
It's the little and special things that mean the most.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  8:35:05 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Congrats Knittiegirl--before you know it you will have two. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Juanita in NZ
Warming Up

New Zealand
59 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  10:14:29 PM  Show Profile Send Juanita in NZ a Private Message
Vicky, how can you read the postings and knit at the same time? I always have one hand on the mouse ready to scroll.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?