Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting and Jazz in Melbourne!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jorth
New Pal

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  03:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jorth's Homepage Send jorth a Private Message
Calling all Melbourne knitters!

There's a pub called Mayfields (103 Smith St, Fitzroy) that has a 'Knitting and Jazz' afternoon every Sunday from 1:30 onwards. The band is excellent, and it's a fantastic way to meet fellow knitters. The pub is very child friendly, has great food and coffee at very cheap prices, and even has video games and pool tables at the back so that the non-knitters don't get bored. So come along!

Leisl

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  05:12:25 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Darn it....why does Melbourne need to be so far away! This sounds like so much fun! Plus Jacqueline lives there (don't you Jacqueline?)...I want to meet her!!!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca
Permanent Resident

USA
1119 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  06:30:59 AM  Show Profile Send Rebecca a Private Message
Oh, I wish I could come to Melbourne! Knitting and jazz are two of my favorite things in the world. How utterly civilized. As Dame Edna would say: Enjoy yourselves possums!

Rebecca

Dances with Wools
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:46:45 PM  Show Profile Send Jacqueline a Private Message
I do live in Melbourne! Cool - I will definitely have to go one Sunday. I am planning on attending my first ever Stitch 'n' beach meeting in a couple weeks and I am pretty excited about that.

Jacqueline

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age. - Lucille Ball
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  5:57:42 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Rats! I love jazz but am no where near Melbourne.

Vicky: I did stop by ImagiKnits today and also saw the Samovar Tea Shop where they knit. I didn't stay very long at ImagiKnits though as I was going to visit my sister and didn't need to made a stop at the bankruptcy court en route.

Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  6:25:40 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
quote:

Rats! I love jazz but am no where near Melbourne.

Vicky: I did stop by ImagiKnits today and also saw the Samovar Tea Shop where they knit. I didn't stay very long at ImagiKnits though as I was going to visit my sister and didn't need to made a stop at the bankruptcy court en route.

Take care. Beverley

Bev

Cute Bev,....Bankruptcy court!!! You okay today? How's your sister. Did she have a good day or a difficult one? Hope you had a nice visit w/ her. It must be nice 1) to have a sister and 2) to live close enough to visit...esp at this time in her life. Take care. I'll talk to you later.

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?