Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Bad Yarn or Bad Knitter?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

qwerty
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile Send qwerty a Private Message
There is no,Irepeat NO such person as a bad knitter! Only bad yarn.
Go to Top of Page

qwerty
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile Send qwerty a Private Message
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  3:59:55 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
quote:

You wouldn't say that if you had seen me at first learning on my own!!!I truly was bad!!! The things I did to that poor yarn. It's good it was cheap!!!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  3:59:55 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
quote:

You wouldn't say that if you had seen me at first learning on my own!!!I truly was bad!!! The things I did to that poor yarn. It's good it was cheap!!!

Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

quote:

Go to Top of Page

momrnc
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:32:09 PM  Show Profile Send momrnc a Private Message
I'll bet everyone of us can say we looked "bad" when we were learning to knit. I can still remember how tense I was. I must have looked like I was trying to kill the yarn, not knit it!

I have never used Red Heart yarn, but have had good results with both Caron's and Lion. Purlgrrl, just keep at it and it will come to you. Achieving a comfortable tension is a tough hurdle, one we have all faced, but you can do it!

Do you have a good instructional book? If I could suggest one, Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience: The Knit Stitch is absolutely fabulous! Great pictures, clear instructions, lots of encouraging words and beautiful, easy patterns so you can make something while you learn, which is so much more fun that making a bunch of swatches! I confess that I am not reading this book to learn how to knit--I already knew that--I am using it to learn how to knit better, and I am

Good luck, knitting is worth the effort!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

momrnc
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:32:09 PM  Show Profile Send momrnc a Private Message
I'll bet everyone of us can say we looked "bad" when we were learning to knit. I can still remember how tense I was. I must have looked like I was trying to kill the yarn, not knit it!

I have never used Red Heart yarn, but have had good results with both Caron's and Lion. Purlgrrl, just keep at it and it will come to you. Achieving a comfortable tension is a tough hurdle, one we have all faced, but you can do it!

Do you have a good instructional book? If I could suggest one, Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience: The Knit Stitch is absolutely fabulous! Great pictures, clear instructions, lots of encouraging words and beautiful, easy patterns so you can make something while you learn, which is so much more fun that making a bunch of swatches! I confess that I am not reading this book to learn how to knit--I already knew that--I am using it to learn how to knit better, and I am

Good luck, knitting is worth the effort!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I sometimes have a problem with my yarn unraveling, especially if I've been careless spinning it! When that happens, I give the yarn a bit of a twist with my fingers before wrapping it around the needle every few stitches. That seems to help.

--Susan T-O

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I sometimes have a problem with my yarn unraveling, especially if I've been careless spinning it! When that happens, I give the yarn a bit of a twist with my fingers before wrapping it around the needle every few stitches. That seems to help.

--Susan T-O

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?