Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 another use for yarn...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
Hello. My little brother has found another use for yarn. He picked up a scrap for yarn, it was only a foot long at the most. he's having fun mummifiing lego people and making rides for them. .....strange.... lol. Im glad he hasnt tried to make swords out of my knitting needles..yet. lol

God Bless

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  10:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I used some ribbon yarn I had as ribbon on a present. After seeing that I would get 10 feet of a pretty ribbon for like $5 I decided that the ribbon yarn I had at home was a much better price

Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  10:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
My brothers have bent my knitting needles using them as swords! One of them- in my room- grabs some needles- waves them wildly in the air- looses his grip- it flies across the room and BAM! into the corner of the dresser- bent as all get-out!!!! Yiocks, I had to replace them, lol!!!!

As for different uses for yarn, when I was 6 or 7 I used a bunch to make a hammock in a tree- it didn't work so well, it broke when I tried to swing in it! Also used yarn as a clothes-line, ties for stakes in the garden, threaded trough holes to hold papers together, all kinds of zanny stuff! Ridiculous, aye???? :) :) :)

Also my brothers use it to make bows and arrows (ala Legolas!)

Sarah

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php
(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Oy! I'm glad I didn't have any little bros to play with my needles!

I have used yarn (generally in bright colours) to tie up presents (esp. if I wrapped them in fabric scraps), but that's about it. Now that I use more expensive stuff, I plan to use it to stick to my knitting!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  11:15:46 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
I had a friend that used left over yarn too for packages and she would save the Sunday comic section and use it for wrapping paper. It made for interesting looking gifts. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  4:23:54 PM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
I use more yarn to repair things than duct tape.....LOL. I guess we use what we have on hand.

fran

Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  6:52:43 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
that reminds me of when we used yarn to go on a rescuse mission. a toy got stuck behind the bed, i was the onl one in the house who knew how to make a slip knot, lol. but i think i like yarn for knitting more then other things .... [;-)]

God Bless
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  07:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Gosh, those are all a lot more creative uses than my "Oh, this makes a handy bookmark. . . "

--Susan T-O

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.
Go to Top of Page

Janice
Warming Up

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:36:54 AM  Show Profile Send Janice a Private Message
You and me, Fran. I used some yarn the other day to put the plumbing under the sink back together. So far so good. (I love my landlord. I love my landlord. I love my landlord.)

Janice
Go to Top of Page

knittiegirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  12:10:28 PM  Show Profile Send knittiegirl a Private Message
I'm with Susan - Bookmarks! I just lay a piece of yarn in there and let it hang out the top. It's the perfect thing!

I've also used a piece of yarn for a make-shift headband when my hair keeps falling in my face as I knit. It works!

Knittiegirl

Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  9:55:46 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:
I've also used a piece of yarn for a make-shift headband when my hair keeps falling in my face as I knit. It works!

Knittie, I'm picturing you wearing one of those wonderful eyelash yarns (preferably in some really wild colour) to hold your hair back, while sitting and knitting in your rocking chair.

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.