Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet technique questions
 edging question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Hi

I am making a continuous granny square baby blanket and I wanted to know what would be a good edging for this?

Helaine in Olalla, Wa
View my blog @ http://misshelaineous.blogspot.com/
Women who behave rarely make history

Tabbico
Seriously Hooked

USA
960 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  11:12:04 AM  Show Profile Send Tabbico a Private Message
Are you doing one big square?? You could just do a final row of a contrasting color, or scallops all around.

Polly
Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Polly

I did the scallops all around and it turned out nice.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa
Go to Top of Page

eepster
Seriously Hooked

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  10:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit eepster's Homepage Send eepster a Private Message
Scallops are my favorite too.

Jen
http://www.buddhabellyart.com/
Go to Top of Page

SweaterGrrrl
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  05:43:58 AM  Show Profile Send SweaterGrrrl a Private Message
After I sew the squares together, I finish with one more row of the granny square stitch, and end with scallops. It's simple, but looks pretty when it's finished.

SweaterGrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  07:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message
I am also a big fan of the scalloped edges. However, one the one granny square afghan I did, I did the edging in the granny square pattern in a contrasting color. It looked great.

If I read your post correctly, you are doing just one big Granny square as the blanket, right ? I don't know how it would look (I've never done one big square before), but you could edge it with a whole bunch of little granny squares ? (Kinda the reverse of the idea of a granny square boarder around little squares. ) Just an idea. If that doesn't look good, I would go for the scalloped edges. You can't go wrong with scallops.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  9:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Yes, it is one contiuous granny square. You can go to the blog link below to see what it looked like while I was working on it. I need to update the photo with the finished version with scalloped edging.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  08:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message
It's beautiful. I love it. I can't wait to see a picture with the edging on it ! What yarn did you use ?

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.