Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Patons & Leisure Arts
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SandyD
Chatty Knitter

216 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  11:25:13 AM  Show Profile Send SandyD a Private Message
I've noticed that in the last year or so, "new" Leisure Arts sweater pattern booklets (at Michaels & Joanns) are actually collections of older Patons patterns. Does anyone know if the two companies have merged, or do they have some kind of publishing agreement together?

I am actually quite happy about this since I love the styling of many of the Patons designs, also when Leisure Arts reprints the patterns they've made it non-yarn manufacturer specific; they give yardage info and not for example, # of balls of Patons Canadiana.

SandyD

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2003 :  11:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
quote:
also when Leisure Arts reprints the patterns they've made it non-yarn manufacturer specific; they give yardage info and not for example, # of balls of Patons Canadiana.

I wish all patterns were written like this and then they could just give the suggested yarn info along with it.

Dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?