Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 G-Carriage
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2knitorknot
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  10:54:30 AM  Show Profile Send 2knitorknot a Private Message
I recently purchased the G-carriage to use with the Brother KH 864. Is there anyone that can tell me why it knit for a few rows then it starts to drop stitches. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  02:26:25 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Make sure you check the needles to make sure the latch opens and closes okay in the area where the stitches are being dropped. How is your sponge bar, as garter carriages don't like flat sponge bars.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

2knitorknot
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  10:58:19 AM  Show Profile Send 2knitorknot a Private Message
Hi Bernie:
A friend looked into it and assured me the sponge bar was ok. The problem is that the carriage will knit ok one day and not the next.

I thought perhaps a special stance or facial expression was required of the operator from one day to the next?

Alex
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  03:48:39 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi Alex: If the sponge bar was pushed out and found to be okay, then it could be the garter carriage needle or some yarns are just fussy. Was the sponge bar taken out to check, if it wasn't, I would check it again, because if you are dropping stitches in the centre section of the machine it could be too flat there. That section of the machine we use a lot. Try pressing on the needles when they are D position (press on the part of the needle that is near the gate posts) if they are bouncy then the sponge bar needs replacing.
A lot of time if I have a problem, it is operator error. Is it dropping stitches in the same location when it does it?
*a special stance, facial expression, or muttering under your breath, threatening to hike it all out the window* whatever works....
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

2knitorknot
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile Send 2knitorknot a Private Message
Thank You for all your help Bernie. I followed all your instructions and then I figured out the tension was too tight.

~Alex
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?