Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Philospher's Wool
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glenreagh
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  1:56:02 PM  Show Profile Send glenreagh a Private Message
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if any of you who have used philospher's wool have found a U.S. distributor for it. The people at Camilla Farms are very nice to deal with but with all the 'so called' security measures in place now it takes forever to receive anything from them. I'm sure I saw it at someones website one time but I can't remember where.
Anyone know where?
Barbara

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  2:24:04 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
I just did a search and the only one I found was www.yarnatwebsters.com I actually ordered some of their yarn recently and found it much too scratchy for me. I don't know if it softens up or not. Hope it will. I love their tape...have you seen it? If not...order it. They have it at web-sters. This is located in Ashland Oregon...nice website. Happy shopping.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  2:48:40 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
No offense, but it was easier for my relatives behind the Iron Curtain to send/receive packages than it is for Americans nowdays.

My favourite trick is to mail things in envelopes instead of boxes as they clear much quicker.

I have some Philosophers to sell if you're interested. It's also easier going from individual to individual than comapny.

Monika
1 more day to Leafs training camp!

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  5:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I think I saw this on knitpicks.com. Check there.

Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

glenreagh
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  11:40:34 AM  Show Profile Send glenreagh a Private Message
Hi Vicky,
You know the first time I had philospher's wool my reaction was the same as yours. Toooo scratchy. But wash it a couple of times and it's great. I primarily use it for hats and mittens. Because it has not had the natural lanolin of the sheep removed in it's processing it sheds water very well. I am also doing a fair isle pattern with these items which essentially creates a double weigh. So they are extra warm and waterproof. Great combo.
Thanks for the headsup on the website. I will give it a try.
Barbara
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?