Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Suggest a poll
 What's your sign?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Simplicitly
Chatty Knitter

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  5:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simplicitly's Homepage Send Simplicitly a Private Message
I've read lots and lots of horoscopes (aka horrorscopes) and other astrological reviews that seem to think that I am biased towards crafting because of the day I was born on (May 15th). So it would be interesting to see if we have a good sampling of knitters from each astrological sign or if we seem to all be just a few different signs. I'm a Taurus for one. This may have been done in the past and I understand if it doesn't fit into the polling ideal, but I was just curious My curiosity is always getting me in trouble...

Shetha

Novice Crafter
Professional Geek

Kristin
Seriously Hooked

USA
606 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  6:07:22 PM  Show Profile Send Kristin a Private Message
Oooh, fun topic! I love to guess people's signs. My mother-in-law is an astrologer and she's taught me so much about it. Your sun sign, rising sign, moon sign, etc. all make up the person you are.

I'm a Pisces (sun sign) with Scorpio rising. Normally water signs aren't very "crafty", that's usually an earth sign thing (Taurus, Virgo & Capricorn), however, because knitting is artistic, it appeals to water signs like Pisces, Cancer & Scorpio. I also have Saturn in Taurus in my chart and that's a big planet of influence and my mom is the "craft queen" and is a Taurus (May 12th).

Anyway, I could go on & on about this topic It's fun to learn about all the different personality types & how each planet & house in your chart is a different facet of your personality.
Go to Top of Page

jdroeger
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile Send jdroeger a Private Message
I love astrology but never really thought about it from a craft/art point of view. I'm a Libra with Sagittarius rising and Taurus moon - I have no idea what that means except that I like to talk (Libra/Sag) and lie around and eat (Taurus)! Although I would not plan my day around the position of the planets, I think astrology can give you some insight into yourself and the people you're close to.

I think it would be interesting to know what people's signs are, too.

Jessica

Go to Top of Page

lakotagal5
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  1:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit lakotagal5's Homepage Send lakotagal5 a Private Message
Hi, i am an aries,that is all i know about signs. help!!i love to knit and garden.

jeri
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  5:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I'm a Sag, Ken (who just asked to learn to knit) is a Taurus. I'm definitely the volitile in the relationship (Irish, Scottish, Italian ancestry - I've got a temper like nobody's business!!!) and he's VERY mellow - he works in explosives, where jumpy people don't last long. Literally. :)

It would be neat to see if it's an even distribution, or if certain signs were more likely to knit - but would that show us they knit, or that they sign online?????

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Alissa
Seriously Hooked

USA
632 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alissa's Homepage Send Alissa a Private Message
Sagitarius here too, Anyone really into astrology who can post a general description of temperment etc? This could be lots of fun!

Alissa
Go to Top of Page

Kristin
Seriously Hooked

USA
606 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  7:27:40 PM  Show Profile Send Kristin a Private Message
I'll ask my MIL to give me list of general sign characteristics. She's an amateur astrologer and has been doing it for over 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

nanny
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2002 :  8:52:57 PM  Show Profile Send nanny a Private Message
Hi,

Virgo, born on the cusp so I guess that means I have some Leo in there too.

I knit and crochet. Try other things but nothing else seems to stick like these two

Sue

Go to Top of Page

n2rockwlls
Gabber Extraordinaire

395 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2002 :  07:02:56 AM  Show Profile Send n2rockwlls a Private Message
As a fellow Taurus, (See Rosebyany's post) I often feel the same urge to Create. I got into gardening and got pretty good at that but my new job requires that I travel often so gardening isn't feasible anymore. I asked Rosebyany to teach me to knit which I'm looking very forward to. If my fingers prove to be too ill suited for it I suppose theres writing or painting.

Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2002 :  1:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
I'm a Virgo born a week or so before Libra starts. There's not much I know about my suns, moons, etc. although I'm sure it would be helpful. Virgos make fabulous friends (hope I am!), are in service professions (yes & have always been) & sometimes talk back to the boss (is that one of the reasons I'm self-employed? yes though not the only one). I'm a relatively new knitter (thanks to Clara & KR) & have quilted for a few years. Also have sewn, gardened (still do this) & crocheted, needlepointed & cross stitched (none of them stuck ) More info on our signs would be a kick!

Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2002 :  4:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
My sign? "Wide Load"

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2002 :  4:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Baaaad Lissa!

Here is another virgo near the libra cusp and I think it's pretty obvious why the luxury loving earth sign would be drawn to fiber arts. but here's something odd - I have never, not even once, hired anybody at work except Aquarians. my mama's an aquarius so i guess the womb is mightier than the sky.

any mother goddesses around?

Go to Top of Page

Smock7
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
491 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2002 :  5:59:50 PM  Show Profile Send Smock7 a Private Message
Lissa....you are too funny. I'm also a wide load! I'm also a Virgo. I was laughing when I read that Marfa said "talk back to the boss". Boy, now if that doesn't describe me! I know better than to open my mouth! My boss, the principal of our school, does not like it when she is wrong....I know this.....so why don't I keep my mouth shut??? I was in accounting, more specifically government accounting, grant accounting and I know the laws inside/out on this area.....and I'm president of faculty advisory at our school.....so when the principal talks money I can't seem to keep my mouth shout. I try, I really try...then I can feel my mind reeling....I move to the edge of my seat....my foot starts tapping....my hands start fluttering....and OUT IT COMES! I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, so if things aren't exactly in line with the state and federal laws I get my feathers ruffled. Now, if you knew my boss....you would know this behavior of mine will NEVER get me any promotions.....it's just an internal thing! So, Thank you everyone....I can now blame it on my birth! My sign!

Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  03:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Well, really, Smock7, you'd think she'd be glad to be pointed in the right direction. Golly, some people!

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  1:22:08 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I'm a taurus, too, though I don't put too much stock in astrology. I used to, but not so much any more. My sons birthdays are a week apart and you couldn't find two more different people if you tried!

It is interesting how many tauri there are here... oh, and I used to be a redhead, too. Clairol #649 or something like that. People said it suited my temperment. Can you believe that??

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  04:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Ah Chris, my son, the Taurus, scoffs "How could the same thing be happening to 1/12th of all the people in the world?"

Go to Top of Page

Kristin
Seriously Hooked

USA
606 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  3:08:40 PM  Show Profile Send Kristin a Private Message
That's why all the other factors come into play (sun, moon, rising sign, other planets, etc.) When you do an astrological chart, it is based on the exact time, longitude & latitude of the person when they're born. If the birth time is off by 4 minutes, the whole chart can be wrong.

This is how twins can be completely different people when they were born only a few minutes apart. The traditional sun sign astrology that we know from the newpapers is just broad, generalizations based on those signs.

My MIL is really accurate with her astrology. She took one look at my chart when DH & I were dating and told him that I was his soul mate and the perfect match for him. So far, she's been dead-on accurate. She even knew we were having a boy when I was pg with my son. Mars was in Aries (masculine sign) in my 4th house (children) when he was conceived. She was completely right for each of the grandkids and a few of my friends. My PG friends think it's so funny.

I don't live my life based on my astrology chart (no one should). It does point out the areas in your life where your struggles are & where you shine. It's quite interesting when you know more about it.
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  3:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
I'm with your kid, Bess. Hence "wide load"...

Go to Top of Page

sks
Warming Up

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2002 :  12:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send sks a Private Message
I'm an Aries - the headstrong ram - who me?!! I've been creative since about age 9 - my mom, an incredibly talented woman - early December, a sagittarius I believe, had everything to do with encouraging and teaching me to try any creative outlet that interested me. This should be a poll question! It'd be very interesting to see how we divided up!
sks

Go to Top of Page

Patience
Permanent Resident

USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  4:37:59 PM  Show Profile Send Patience a Private Message
Well alrighty then....Am I the first Leo amongst us? The fire sign, LOL. Maybe that means that I'm not the "type" for handwork, who knows. I love knitting so much, but I think my temperament is too demanding of my finished product, because I must rip, rip, rip if it isn't just right. Or in other words, I ROOAARRR like the Lion.

Regards, Patience
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  4:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
There are several fire signs - Sag is one also, I believe (that's me!)

It would be interesting to find out where the chips fall for us!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?