Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Tropical Storm Isabelle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
To our friends on the East Coast: You certainly have had a bad time of it this year what with the black out and now this terrible storm. I want you to know that I am thinking of all of you and hope for the best. I know that the Downtown SF Knitters will want you to know that all of us are thinking very positive thoughts for all of you. I don't think they mind me saying it for us. Take care. Beverley

Bev

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  12:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Yes. I have mentioned this elsewhere (mostly under "Snow" discussions...) -- prayers are with you!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
My thoughts and prayers are with all the knitters ( and non knitters) who are in the path of this natural disaster. I hope the weather people have made it bigger than it will turn out to be!!! Keep safe and let us know how you made out...LB I'm praying for you.....

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  3:03:58 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
My prayers are with yall too!!

-God bless, take care, and dont eat soap!
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  6:22:25 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Thank you everyone! I'm just west of DC and it's been raining for hours. So far it's just rain though, with gusts of wind. The bad part is supposed to hit overnight and into the morning. I'm a little worried about water coming in the basement door. So of course what I did was make sure that all my stash bins are off the floor! Anything else can go, but not my yarn!

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  7:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
My prayers are with you all, too! I have family in N.C. and Virginia, so we are paying attention. We are in New Mexico so it 's hard to do much else!! Take care all of you. Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Marjorie
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
605 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  10:30:45 PM  Show Profile Send Marjorie a Private Message
It's been on our news as well.Stay safe to all of those people on the coast.
Marjorie

Go to Top of Page

WinterSong
Chatty Knitter

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  04:57:30 AM  Show Profile Send WinterSong a Private Message
I'm in Southern New Jersey and we got the outer fringes of the
storm. I haven't ventured out this morning but there is a
steady stream of traffic going past my apt. which is usually
not this heavy. So must be a road blocked somewhere. We had
some steady rain and winds, but not as bad as it could have
been! There are areas that tend to flood and I'm sure they
did. The sun is shining and it should be a beautiful day.
Our lights blinked on and off several times last night, and
had candles just in case! When I go out to work a little
later I will see if any trees or wires are down.

Connie

Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  05:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message
Thanks for all the well wishes. I hope everyone else is safe.

I made it through safely as did my house, yard, trees and Bailey. My neighborhood lost most of it large trees, luckly only 3 hit homes. A large pine through the second floor of a home, a branch through the roof of a garage and an oak across the back of the third. Neighbors also lost chimney's.

We are still without electricity and phone service is off an on. I'm not sure what is happening in other parts of the city/Hampton Roads just what I can hear on the radio.

I'm taking a break from sweeping/raking my yard. It's going to take weeks to clean up. I live on a golf course and can see 6 trees uprooted not to mention the debris.

So off with me before the battery runs out.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  08:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
My thoughts are with everyone who was in the path of the storm. I'm so grateful she spun herself down to a tropical storm, if it had been as bad as they were predicting I know the damage would have been extremely severe. Here in Boston we're just getting a rainy day.

LJ, I hope things are back to normal for you soon!

Luann

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.54 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?