Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Help Brother KX350
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jorod3
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile Send jorod3 a Private Message
I am hoping that someone may be able to help me. A number of years ago I purchased a Brother KX350. I was able to make swatches and the back of a sweater. I put the machine away for some time and took it out over the weekend determined to use it. I set it up, clamped it to the table and threaded it according to the written instructions and the video. No matter what I did the yarn didn't catch. When I moved the carriage to the right on the first row, stitches would be made and then they would dissolve. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks so much for your help.

llinn
honorary angel

USA
1650 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  8:53:11 PM  Show Profile Send llinn a Private Message
knitting machines require a lot of weight on the stitches to keep them from just falling apart. Watch your video again and check the instructions and make sure you have the weights hung properly so that the stitches catch the waste yarn or ravel cord on the first row and are tensioned by the hemweights.

Llinn
Go to Top of Page

jorod3
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile Send jorod3 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by llinn

knitting machines require a lot of weight on the stitches to keep them from just falling apart. Watch your video again and check the instructions and make sure you have the weights hung properly so that the stitches catch the waste yarn or ravel cord on the first row and are tensioned by the hemweights.

Llinn

Go to Top of Page

fibrebender
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  06:40:14 AM  Show Profile Send fibrebender a Private Message
If you are still having trouble knitting, you mayneed a new sponge bar.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe