Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to this site
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Soledad
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  12:20:04 PM  Show Profile Send Soledad a Private Message
Hi, I just found this site in my search for knitting patterns online. I asked in one of the forums about a legwarmer pattern and got a response right away! Wow! Thanks! Anyway, I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom, I love to be here with my children. My mom taught me to knit when a was about 6, I left it alone for a long time and then when I was in college rediscovered it. I enjoy the peace knitting brings me and I love to make things for my children.

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  1:03:28 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Hi Soledad! Welcome to the Knitter's Review Forum! You're gonna love it here. We are an on-line community of knitters. The people here are so awesome! Supportive, willing to help anyone, have anwers to all my questions so far, and are kind loving knitters!

I look forward to getting to know you through your postings! Again welcome!

Sounds like you need knitting in your life...you sound so busy! I admire mothers who stay home...and you homeschool! Wow that's amazing!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  1:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Hi Soledad, and welcome. As you've discovered, we are a varied and interesting and informative and courteous and opinionated and humour-filled and wise and funny and diverse and international group! Enjoy!

-- Marg in Calgary, Alberta

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  1:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
Hi Soledad
I too am a stay at home mom - well I work at home as a potter. But my girlie gets to work with me and we plan on homeschooling her. I'm glad to hear that you still have time for knitting.

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  2:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Welcome to the KR forums, soledad! I'm glad you found us.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  2:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Interesting screen name! :-)
I'm home-schooled! In 9th grade. Lotsa fun reading about those Romans, but they were awfully bloody.....
Sarah
oops- forgot to say, welcome!

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php
(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  2:47:34 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:

Interesting screen name! :-)
I'm home-schooled! In 9th grade. Lotsa fun reading about those Romans, but they were awfully bloody.....
Sarah
oops- forgot to say, welcome!

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!

Well, no wonder you're so precoscious(sp?). I would have loved to homeschool my daughter, but I don't have the drive or the energy. I also think the socialization is important for her, because she's so shy.

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  2:51:47 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Welcome Soledad-- As you can tell it's a pretty friendly bunch here :)

And ditto to what Barbara said-- I think homeschooling is *great* for kids-- but I think it takes a special person to pull it off and stay sane. S. Eliz, you are lucky to have such parents :)

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  3:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
I am lucky, I know!!!! My parents are WONDERFUL!
In case you haven't noticed (LOL), I am not very shy!!!!
It's great to home-school, becuz you lrn lots of inprtnt thns, lke speln. And about bloody Greeks and Romans.....:-) (I read about Romans for 2 hours today! Et tu, Brutus????)
haahaahaa, I'm not in a very serious mood right now....too much chocolate (or not enough???)! :-)
Anyway I LOVE HOME-SCHOOLING!!!!!!!!
Sarah

S. Eliz.
Keep on knitting on!
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2003 :  10:02:51 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Welcome Soledad to the forum. We are a wonderful, warm, and supportive group of people. So glad you are here.

Lelani
Go to Top of Page

Mariah

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile Send Mariah a Private Message
Welcome Soledad. I'm also a homeschooling mom. I have 2 kids still at home a 10 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter. I actually knit while doing school work with my 5 yr old. Helps me stay focused and patient.
I am new here but have found myself here most mornings. It's a nice way to start the day.

Mariah
Go to Top of Page

Megan
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  07:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Megan's Homepage Send Megan a Private Message
Welcome, Soledad. I stay home with 3 girls (my official title to myself is Home and Family Manager!) Actually, I only stay home with 2. The oldest is in school most of the day, as I do not have to patience to homeschool. I admire those who do, however. Welcome here. Glad you found KR. Happy Knitting!

Megan
http://fiberz.diaryland.com
Go to Top of Page

slohrer
New Pal

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:30:54 AM  Show Profile Send slohrer a Private Message
Hi Soledad, I'm new here too. It's a friendly place!
I don't homeschool my 4 kids, but did homeschool the oldest one for kindergarten, and the 2nd one for a few months due to bullying. Now the youngest is in grade one and it's soooo quiet around here. A friend homeschools her 8 kids, and I have to say, it takes a special kind of person indeed to do it full time. My hat goes off to you! I'll bet your little ones are already starting their own needlework projects, right?
LOL
Susan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.