Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi from New Hampshire
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richardjay
New Pal

12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:38:41 AM  Show Profile Send richardjay a Private Message
Hi everyone,
My name is Richard and I live in New Hampshire. My wife taught me how to knit and crochet. Right now I am not very good at knitting, but since I came to this site my enthusiasm for the craft has increased greatly. I have already purchased two books by Sally Melville "Knitting Books 1 & 2", and another one put out by Vouge Knitting. I don't know how well I will do with those books, because I am better learning to do something "hands on" than I am from a book. Be prepared, because what I can't learn from my wife or those books I'll be drawing on the expertise of the people in KR.
This site is amazing. I love the yarn reviews and how you can see a picutre of a completed swatch. The most impressive thing about this site is the forum(s) and the wonderful who make them up. Earlier this morning I had answered a post on "any male knitters here", and I have to thank everyone who responded with such a warm welcome.
The sun is shining and the foliage is a peak. What a wonderful time to live in New England.

Richard

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:45:14 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
What a wonderful introduction Richard. Again Welcome to the forum. You are gonna love it here. Don't worry about the amount of questions you ask...what I find here is the knitter's are willing to help w/ any kind of problem...even non-knitting problems!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

momrnc
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile Send momrnc a Private Message
Richard, I'm so glad that you have decided to "invade" the forum and hope you will "pop in" more than every once in a while.

Kathy

"There's amazing strength in a willing hand, there are victories that you've never planned"
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  09:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
Welcome to the forum - I know you'll learn lots and enjoy all the people here - its an amazing bunch
New England is gorgeous - I was just out at my LYS and I wnated to go for a long drive.
:)amy

Go to Top of Page

jmweis
Chatty Knitter

USA
260 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:06:21 AM  Show Profile Send jmweis a Private Message
Welcome Richard,

This is a truly wonderful forum and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Cheers
Jennifer

Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Ditto- :) Another welcome-- I think you'll really enjoy the Sally Melville books (although most of the patterns in the knit stitch are for women, there were some designs for men in the purl stitch, i believe-- if you like to knit for you :) Be careful-- as someone else warned we're a group of enablers around here-- helping people accumulate stashes of yarn and WIPs :)

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Welcome, Richard in NH! We don't "see" many fellows here (though some may be lurking), so it's always great to hear from one. Looking forward to your input and ideas,

Marg in Calgary, Alberta

P.S. I grew up in SW Quebec, and miss the leaves. Our falls are glorious, but there are no sugar maples to produce the red ones.

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

richardjay
New Pal

12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:47:36 AM  Show Profile Send richardjay a Private Message
quote:

Be careful-- as someone else warned we're a group of enablers around here-- helping people accumulate stashes of yarn and WIPs :)

myshelle

I use to have stashes of yarn. I made the big mistake of packing them in cardboard boxes and storing them in my cellar. Not a good idea! Got a little dampness in the cellar and over time the yarn started to mold. It broke my heart, but I had to throw the whole stash away. Now any yarn that I have left over is stored in the spare bedroom closet.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  10:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
Be careful what you wish for....this forum is likely to hook you into knitting so deep that you'll never want to get out!

Seriously, welcome again to KR, we're glad to have you!

Kristin

Go to Top of Page

cinder
Chatty Knitter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  1:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send cinder a Private Message
Richard,
Welcome to the KR. The information you will find here is totally amazing and will really help you. this is a great place to come visit and you will be visiting a lot.

MJA
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2003 :  2:59:15 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
Glad you decided to become "official", Richad. Welcome again.

quote:
Be careful-- as someone else warned we're a group of enablers around here-- helping people accumulate stashes of yarn and WIPs :)

myshelle

And books. Don't forget books. Oh, and needles. We insist that you have nothing but the best, and that includes advice. Ours, of course!

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.