Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Talk about shops profiled in Knitter's Review
 Greenwich Yarns
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yarnworld
New Pal

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2002 :  5:49:21 PM  Show Profile Send Yarnworld a Private Message
Nice shop with lots of interesting novelty yarns. Went there twice on my visit to SF and met some friendly knitters sitting around the table. good selection of discounted yarns too.

Worth going and a good selection of brands and magazines. Lots of space to browse and knit.

May

renvy
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  1:52:51 PM  Show Profile Send renvy a Private Message
I moved to San Francisco this fall,and found Greenwich Yarns after Christmas. The shop is beautifully organized, by color and features a large table and good lighting. There is a good selection of yarns and manufacturers. The atmosphere is very nice.

I've found that all yarn shops have a regular group of knitters who are friendlier with one another, than newcomers. I have felt more comfortable with the regulars at Greenwich than I have at many shops - especially Dallas. I am stunned by the personal and ugly comments about Laurie. She is a reserved, dignified, and quiet person. Laurie remembered my name after my first visit. I had struggled with shoulder seams for months until I watched her teach a 3 needle bind off. I finished more shoulders in 30 minutes than I had been able to do in weeks. I am an intermediate knitter and need this help.

I have been in the shop a lot, not just to buy but to sit and knit while waiting to carpool. Laurie has never been rude to anyone. Her manner is efficient and helpful. She doesn't try to hang over a customer or become their instant best friend, but I don't see that as her job. She juggles a lot of tasks at once. I have returned yarns without any fuss or cold manner. Laurie's shop is an important part of the knitting world in San Francisco. I hope anyone reading the site, will visit her shop. I will return often. Renvy Graves Pittman

Renvy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?