Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Brother KH-836 won't work!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Abbyjones
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  07:53:11 AM  Show Profile Send Abbyjones a Private Message
I,ve been given a brother kh-836 and i can't get it to work. I've det it up following the instructions but i can't cast on properly. I think the problem is the cast on comb. it doesn't have hooks to hang it on as does the one in the instructions, so i move the carriage over once to lay down the yarn,then hang the cast on comb on that and proceed to knit. As it knits it gets tighter and tighter and the comb soesn't drop down, when i try to pull it down it just ends up pulling all the knitting off, help!

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  02:27:45 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi: What kind of cast on comb are you using? Can you post a picture?

Go to Top of Page

Abbyjones
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  08:31:37 AM  Show Profile Send Abbyjones a Private Message
I've got 2, one is cream with hooks and is in 2 parts which can be joined together with an extension piece. the other is metal and all in one piece, it doesn't have hooks it has eyes with a remaovable wire. I have absolutely no idea how to use the metal one, the cream one i have been using by hanging it on the stitches after casting on. It does seem to work now but it's hit and miss wether the stitches stay on, and quite often the knitting becomes caught on the gate pegs. I'm sorry but i don't know how to post a photo.
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2007 :  02:42:48 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi: The cast on comb with the wire is primarily used when using the ribber with the machine. If you are just using the main bed you should be using the one with the hooks. Do you have the manual to show you how to do a cast on? You can also do a cast on without the comb by doing an e-wrap cast on, or crochet cast on. If you need more help let me know and I can walk you through it. You can either post here or send me an email by clicking on my name.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page

Sherry1
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  10:46:53 AM  Show Profile Send Sherry1 a Private Message
I have been having the same problem with my KH910. with the cast on comb everything is to tight. I tried the e-wrap and when I go over it does not catch any of the stitches. I haven't used my machine in quite a while. And unsure if I am casting on correctly. Could someone help me out. I just purchased the video but would really like to get started again and not wait.

Sherry Shurr
Go to Top of Page

Bernie
Chatty Knitter

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  02:54:34 AM  Show Profile Send Bernie a Private Message
Hi Sherry: The 910 has a different cast on comb than other machines I've seen. It clips onto the gate pegs to cast on, then unclip it after casting on. What weight yarn are you using? And most important have you checked the sponge bar (needle retainer bar) if the machine has been sitting for any length of time, the sponge bar could be flat.
You could also try the crochet cast on. I have this machine, so if you need more help, just let me know.
Bernie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?