Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet books, Web sites, magazines & resources
 Knitting Daily Hostility
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Stitching Fool
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  3:45:12 PM  Show Profile Send Stitching Fool a Private Message
Sorry, Mocha, but you didn't understand my comment. I really don't care that readers express their disinterest in crochet. But they usually do it very very rudely, and I was just wondering why the hostility. There have been many posts on Knitting Daily that discuss or showcase topics I have no interest in, and its never occurred to me to write some unnecessarily rude comment to the powers that be.

"can't we all just get along"

Marie
Go to Top of Page

Stitching Fool
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  3:55:59 PM  Show Profile Send Stitching Fool a Private Message
"you've come a long way, baby" is all I have to say to crochet if you check out this new book "Sensual Crochet" by Amy Swenson. "Sensual Knits" is pretty fabulous too---my 2 favorite new books. I am a book stasher as well as yarn stasher....and WIP stasher...and, sometimes, a FO stasher.

Happy Knitting, Crocheting, Yarn-fondling, whatever,
Marie
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  8:20:33 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Clara

I'm too busy making sandwiches to notice what those cabana boys are doing!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Oh, are you taking orders for sandwiches then? I'd like a club sandwich please.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Katheroni
Permanent Resident

USA
1407 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  10:17:58 PM  Show Profile Send Katheroni a Private Message
Reuben for me. With soy pastrami, please. And a side of those adorable crocheted and knitted foods.
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  04:13:50 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Well, half the Cabana Boys are knitting new thongs- the others are crochet theirs.

They have ordered Referee whistles from e-bay and are eagerly awaiting their arrival.

They want to go to Bermuda.

And I'd like an open faced sandwich on a Sub Roll- sliced rare Roast Beef, sliced red onion, then topped off with Blue Cheese dressing. Yum! KL
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  06:45:15 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
You should see the designs the Cabana Boys have made for Lanea and Bonnie. Tim Gunn will arrive any day now to introduce the judges. I certainly hope Lanea and Bonnie like spandex and sequins with knitted or crocheted panels. (The secret challenge competition is Queen Bee's outfit but don't tell the Cabana Boys. Tim wants to announce it when he arrives)

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

knitwitt
Seriously Hooked

USA
700 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  10:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitwitt's Homepage Send knitwitt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Stitching Fool

"you've come a long way, baby" is all I have to say to crochet if you check out this new book "Sensual Crochet" by Amy Swenson....

Thanks for the tip -- I will definitely check that out. I agree, there is a lot of beautiful crochet out there nowadays. I recently took up the hook again (after teaching myself maybe 7 years ago, and dropping it entirely) because I wanted to make the Babette Blanket from Interweave Crochet (Spring 06?) and Malt from the latest Rowan.

Two other crochet books I find really inspiring are Teva Durham's Loop-d-loop Crochet, and Vintage Crochet by Susan Cropper.

--Jennifer

http://impatientknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

virtualpurl
Gabber Extraordinaire

409 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  11:37:44 PM  Show Profile Send virtualpurl a Private Message
Talk about inspiration -- check out this picture. Another reason to love New York.

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87407
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  04:19:57 AM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message
Virtualpurl, isn't that picture interesting?! I think the guy is pretty amazing. Besides the awesome crochet job (no, I'm not wild about the colors), he obviously doesn't worry too much about what other people think - a positive attribute in my book.

Marilyn
Check out my bags here.
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  10:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
This discussion has made me resolve to learn to crochet next year.

http://janesprobablyknitting.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1127 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  11:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by probablyjane

This discussion has made me resolve to learn to crochet next year.

As someone who learned crocheting first, trust me...it's way easier than knitting!

PAM

WIP = Knit Your Bit for Vets Scarf, Patons Astra Baby Blanket

Completed this year = Knitted Baby Blanket (Estonian Lullaby), Knitted Charity Squares, Top-Down Sweater, Project Linus Baby Blanket (2), Summer Top, Scrap Sweater, Socks (2 pair), 63 Cable Squares Afghan, Winter Hat, Vertical Rib Sweater (crocheted), Raglan Sweater (knit - 2), Branches and Bobbles Afghan (crochet), Knit Your Bit for Vets Scarf

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
For some reason I see a circular knitting needle in that picture, not a crochet hook. The way the fabric curves toward him would not happen if a cord weren't along the top of it...

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by mertle

Virtualpurl, isn't that picture interesting?! I think the guy is pretty amazing. Besides the awesome crochet job (no, I'm not wild about the colors), he obviously doesn't worry too much about what other people think - a positive attribute in my book.

I'm sure he's keeping his spare ball of yarn in his hat!

Go to Top of Page

virtualpurl
Gabber Extraordinaire

409 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  10:00:28 PM  Show Profile Send virtualpurl a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by Clara

For some reason I see a circular knitting needle in that picture, not a crochet hook. The way the fabric curves toward him would not happen if a cord weren't along the top of it...

Yes, I think maybe he's KWWC (knitting while wearing crochet), which could make him a role model of craft coexistence. I think his outfit is glorious, especially on the subway. Like the day the daffodils first bloom.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  3:26:07 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
The Cabana boys are very excited about subway dude's outfit.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

llinn
honorary angel

USA
1650 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  8:42:14 PM  Show Profile Send llinn a Private Message
looked like a flexible afghan hook to me. that's a crochet hook with a flexible cable attached used with large pieces of afghan stitch or tunisian crochet (as Mon Tricot calls it).

Llinn
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.