Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Bryspun needles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hello Knitty
Permanent Resident

1069 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile Send Hello Knitty a Private Message
I just got my almost complete set of Bryspun 14" straights! They're perfect for dealing with Eros type ladder yarns- my original reason for getting a pair. If you're having trouble with lace work or ladder yarns, try these!

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  4:01:04 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hello Knitty: I am a huge fan of Bryspun. They are terrific. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  9:19:48 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:

I just got my almost complete set of Bryspun 14" straights! They're perfect for dealing with Eros type ladder yarns- my original reason for getting a pair. If you're having trouble with lace work or ladder yarns, try these!

Why are they particularly good at dealing w those yarns??

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2003 :  10:13:35 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Their tips are almost like a scoop...I love my Bryspun dpn's for socks. I'm slowly but surely collecting them so eventually will have every size. I just wish they would come out w/ circs.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Hello Knitty
Permanent Resident

1069 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  11:48:10 AM  Show Profile Send Hello Knitty a Private Message
I found Bryspun useful because of the pointy tip and the grabby surface. My bamboo needles are all too blunt for catching the finer yarn and the metal needles were too slippery and FORGET using Addi Turbos!! I tried every needle I had to control the Eros. It wasn't so much controlling it as being able to pick it up with the tip of the needle and pick up some speed. Once I got the Bryspuns, the Eros wrap just flew off the needles!

Hey, any excuse to buy more knitting stuff! BTW, I ordered from www.woolandwicker.com

Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  11:57:56 AM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:

Their tips are almost like a scoop...I love my Bryspun dpn's for socks. I'm slowly but surely collecting them so eventually will have every size. I just wish they would come out w/ circs.

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)

I hope you're gringing them with you. Sounds like something I have to see.

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"

EDIT "Gringing"? I said gringing??? Let's try bringing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe