Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 OT--lost my kitty :-(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  07:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
One of our indoor cats, Smudge, snuck out of the house sometime on Friday and hasn't come back yet. On other occasions when he has escaped, he has come back in a few hours. We're going on two days now and no sign of him. We looked and called for him, even drove around the neighborhood (convinced he'd be lying dead in the street somewhere) with no luck. Our other indoor cat, Hoover, keeps searching the house and staring out the back door forlornly. It's amazing how, even with Hoover and our two dogs, the house seems so empty without our little Mudgie.

Two goldfish are in their tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns, I'll drive!"

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  07:47:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
I'm so sorry! We're very attached to our four, and so I understand how hard this must be for you. I hope you find him soon.

Kristin

Go to Top of Page

purlgrrl
Chatty Knitter

230 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  10:10:54 AM  Show Profile Send purlgrrl a Private Message
Sending positive vibes your way that your lost baby comes trotting home soon.

Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  10:34:56 AM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
Susan, that can happen sometimes and I really feel terribly sad for you. When one of my indoor kitties got out, for two weeks we searched and she did come back. It seems she'd been in someone's garage and they were away.

Take a recent picture of your baby, go to the shelter with it, that will help them. They see so many cats, it's hard for them to keep a face and name in the forefront unless you help them. Photocopy the picture and put it around your area. Sometimes a very friendly, sweet kitty who is lost may have been helped by a kind person and he or she would be only to happy to help reunite you. Don't give up, miracles do happen. I'll be thinking of you and let us know how things turn out

M L
Go to Top of Page

KokoRiffic
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  12:40:16 PM  Show Profile Send KokoRiffic a Private Message
Susan, That is so frightening when that happens. I'll hold a good thought for you that your baby comes home very soon.

Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
Oh, Susan, I'm sorry! We have a wanderer, too...one time he was gone for 9 days!!! We thought somebody had found, fed, and adopted him or that the coyotes got him (we lived on the edge of the forest) but eventually he turned up, pretty skinny and covered in pine sap but otherwise well and glad to be back inside in the warmth! Keep hoping, it's not too late for him to come back!
Lin

Go to Top of Page

oneangel77
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile Send oneangel77 a Private Message
I hope you kitty comes back soon Susan.

Angela

Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  1:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Oh, I hope he comes back soon! I don't know what I'd do if my dog went away- it'd be awful! [:cry:]
Sarah

S. Eliz.

My personal ditto-head:

Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  2:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
awwww, poor thing, im sure you'll find Smudge soon!

-God bless, take care, and dont eat soap!
Go to Top of Page

cinder
Chatty Knitter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  3:05:34 PM  Show Profile Send cinder a Private Message
I hope your kitty comes home soon. I worry when our cat takes her time coming home from visiting. I will keep good thoughts.

MJA
Go to Top of Page

OryxRun
Seriously Hooked

USA
625 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  4:23:48 PM  Show Profile Send OryxRun a Private Message
I'm sorry to hear about Smudge. I hope he gets home soon. Let us know when he does.

Stay well,
Mary

Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  5:45:52 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Susan: Sorry to hear that your cat is lost. I heard a vet say one time that dogs and cats are the worlds best escape artists. My friend Carolyn had a cat named Max who went missing and she finally gave up finding him. About a year later she got home from work and there was Max. She picked him up and noticed he was wearing a collar with a name tag. His new name was Percy. Perhaps your Mudgie will return with a new name. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  7:34:30 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
A few years ago my cat went missing for 3 months. I put up flyers all over the neighborhood and in mailboxes in the neighborhood (for which I was gently reprimanded by the mail carrier.) I cried my eyes out. Finally the half starved kitty went up to a little girl who took him home and the mother called me at work. I dropped everything and went to get him. He was fine, just thin as a rail. He was only 2 blocks from home.

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  10:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
So sorry to hear about your kitty being lost! I am a cat lover, and have lost cats before, too! We lost a rather old Siamese cat once for several days. We kept thinking we could faintly hear him every time we went outside to look around and call him, but couldn't see him anywhere. When he finally showed up, he was thinner and dirty, and we finally decided he must have been in the drainage pipe that ran under the road near the bottom of our hilly lot, and that was why we thought we heard him--we did! He couldn't see real well by then, and probably got confused in the pipe. Anyway, I sure hope you find him soon. Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Jeanie
Chatty Knitter

New Zealand
142 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  02:14:08 AM  Show Profile Send Jeanie a Private Message
Susan
Commiserations on the disappearance of Mudgie. Hope the silly sausage comes home soon.
Cats seem to rule a household when they are in it, but you sure miss them when they are gone.
Don't give up hope, they often come home.

JLH
Go to Top of Page

tansy510@msn.com
New Pal

41 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  07:01:09 AM  Show Profile Send tansy510@msn.com a Private Message
A true story that might cheer you.
My brother-in-law from MO was staying with my inlaws in NYC and one of his cats got out. They searched for him for 2 weeks and couldn't find him. On their last night there before they had to go back, they heard mewing outside and there he was! I was there and we couldn't believe it. Gone in a completely unknown neighborhood and he made his way back just before it was too late.
This is not the only story I know of indoor cats returning.
Stay positive.

My thoughts are with you. Keep us cat people posted, please.
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Thank you all for your kind thoughts & hope-giving stories. I plan on making some flyers at work today. Luckily our petsitters took some nice shots of the "boys" last August so I have a couple good pictures to use. I don't think anyone will actually catch him (he is VERY frightened of strangers) but at least if someone sees him they can call & tell us where. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

--Susan T-O

Two goldfish are in their tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns, I'll drive!"
Go to Top of Page

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  08:38:54 AM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
Susan, I add my hopes for a speedy recovery of your fid (furry kid). I have two lost kitty stories.

My mother had an incredibly shy cat she found in the middle of a busy street at rush hour. He was an indoor cat. When she moved from one city to another in the dead of winter, he somehow got out. She was certain he was gone forever. He was completely unfamiliar with the area, and the temperature was near zero for days and days. A week later he showed up on the porch, fat and sassy, not even hungry!

I had a beautiful, crazy, impulsive calico cat, Cookie. She was about 5 months old when she got out and disappeared. I looked all over, called, cried. I remembered a delivery van that I became convinced she had hopped into, never to return. My neighbors were all enlisted in the search. Exactly one week later I came home from work and sitting inside on the windowsill was Cookie. I was so stunned I just sat on the ground. My next-door neighbor was also my landlady. She had been walking around with her sister and two-year-old nephew, and was telling them about Cookie when suddenly the little boy started jumping up and down and saying "Kitty! Kitty!" They thought he was just reacting to the story until they saw him pointing up at the loft window of an outbuilding behind their house--there was Cookie, locked inside! Of course she brought my baby home and put her inside. Ten years later I still have my kitty.

I know how worried you are, but for a cat a couple of days is nothing. Keep your hopes up, keep looking, and let us know!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  4:39:42 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
More commiserations and best wishes! Keep us updated if you can :)

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  5:25:27 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Oh Susan I know just how you feel. My poor Tigger was missing for two days before we found him. It's horrible not knowing what's happened...even worse than when I did find him and couldn't help him except to give him a peaceful death. I just know your baby will be home soon!!!! Vicky

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Susan....Any news??? My thoughts are w/ you and your baby!!!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.