Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 OT--lost my kitty :-(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  6:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Nothing yet. We're putting up the rest of the flyers tonight, hopefully someone will call or he will come home. The other pets are so needy right now, they know something is wrong. . .

--Susan T-O
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  8:48:30 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
I just found this thread. My hopes and good wishes on top of everone else's.

Barbara

"I know we've got one SOMEWHERE"
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  2:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Well, he's still not home, but Ralph got a call today from a woman who saw the flyers we put up. She says Smudgie was in her backyard last night. She fed him, but didn't keep him as she didn't know to whom he belonged (apparently she saw the flyer today). I drove down to her house and searched and called, no luck. At least I know that as of last night he was still alive. Since he got food there yesterday, maybe he'll go back to her house. She said she'd call if she sees him again. He may even find his way home, the place he was seen is only one street over and a couple blocks south of my house.

--Susan T-O
Go to Top of Page

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  3:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
You know, cats are just funny sometimes. They often just get in the mood to go visiting, and there's nothing we can do until they decide to come home. I've also known cats to decide they wanted to live somewhere else. My FIL's cat of 12 years decided he hated the new kitten and moved into the neighbor's house three doors down. That's the problem with cats. They are just too opinionated.

I'm sure your cat will decide to come home, and I'm glad you've had someone spot him. That makes the wait easier! Plus, now that he knows that there is another place he can get food, he's more likely to go visiting there again.

Kristin

Go to Top of Page

missknitty2shoes
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  5:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit missknitty2shoes's Homepage Send missknitty2shoes a Private Message

That's good news -- that Smudge has been fed. My cat Oscar had a tendency to wander through the neighborhood and get locked in people's garages. After I posted flyers and checked with the shelters, he would make his presence known on the third day. I guess that's when he started to get hungry. It's heartbreaking when a furry friend goes missing. I'm sending good thoughts for Smudge's safe return.

Mary

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  10:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
That's good news! Hopefully you will be reunited very soon! Our oldest cat used to go visit all the neighbors around us when we were renting a house. He had a nametag with phone # on him. One day soon after we moved into our own house a mile away, someone called and asked if our cat was OK. They had not seen him in a while. When they first saw him, they had saved our # in case he seemed lost. Turned out they lived in one of the houses on the street behind us. After we had lived here a while, we got a call from someone a couple blocks from us. He was home then, but he had gone visiting down there, and got a free meal or two! They just wanted to check and make sure he wasn't lost. Now he stays closer to home, but has been know to go in the dog door next door, eat their cat's food and beat up on their dogs!! Luckily, they are very tolerant of him. He's bigger than their dogs. He goes in the dog door because there was one at the previous house that he learned to use. Take care, Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  08:50:53 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Susan, has your baby come home yet? I'm glad he's been spotted recently..that means there's hope! Please let me know when he gets home!! I'm getting cat fever...I think I'm going to start looking!!!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2003 :  1:57:42 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Susan, Please keep us updated :) At least you know that right now he's ok, but hopefully he'll be home soon.

Vicky-- I know what you mean about wanting to have the cats around... mine is still in CA w/ my husband, and I *so* miss having her around. I keep lusting after other cats, wanting to bring one home-- but then I remember that our Sophie wouldn't like that very much when she gets out here!

m

Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  6:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
HE CAME HOME!!!!! I just got in from work, let the dogs in, and went to feed the outdoor kitties. I had no sooner picked up the food cans when I heard a loud, demanding meow from the back door. I ran over, and there was Smudgie!!! He made a beeline for his food bowl when I let him in. His brother, Hoover, won't have anything to do with the "intruder" and in fact hissed at him! But he's home, he's home!!!!!!!

--Susan T-O

Two goldfish are in their tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns, I'll drive!"
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  6:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
yay!! im soooo happy for you, give him a hug for me, now i gotta read the rest of your post

-God bless, take care, and dont eat soap!
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  6:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!
HORRAY!!!!
That is awesome! So happy for you!

S. Eliz.

Keep on knitting on!
See my gallery: www.pagebypage.com/board/index.php(In photo gallery pages, under S for Sarah Elizabeth)
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2027 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  6:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Susan & family, congrats on having your boy back home! I am so happy for you all.
May he stay around this time!
Martha

Go to Top of Page

cinder
Chatty Knitter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  7:09:44 PM  Show Profile Send cinder a Private Message
A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I am sure HOOVER will be glad to have Hoover home once he lets him know how much he missed him. I was so happy to read that he was home. Give him lots of hugs.

MJA
Go to Top of Page

KokoRiffic
New Pal

30 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  7:39:02 PM  Show Profile Send KokoRiffic a Private Message
Susan, I'm so happy for you. What a relief. You've both been on my mind since I first read your post. I'm glad you got your happy ending.

So how many days was that little guy gone? About 12?
Go to Top of Page

susnp25
Chatty Knitter

Australia
346 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  8:02:14 PM  Show Profile Send susnp25 a Private Message
Susan, What a happy ending, I am so glad for you. Its horrible when you don't know where they are! If only he could talk what an experience he may have to tell! Lets hope Hoover realises before long its his mate. Great news! Susan.

Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  8:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
quote:

Susan, I'm so happy for you. What a relief. You've both been on my mind since I first read your post. I'm glad you got your happy ending.

So how many days was that little guy gone? About 12?

Gosh, it seems like he was gone forever! But he got out on the 7th, today's the 19th, so yes, 12 days. He's so skinny!!!! Hoover is still hissing, but Halitosis (dog) is very protective, practically hovering over Smudgie :-)

Two goldfish are in their tank. One turns to the other and says, "You man the guns, I'll drive!"
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  10:03:40 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Great news! And LOL-- Halitosis-- perfect for a dog :)

Give him a big scratch behind the ears from the rest of us who are so glad to hear your good news :)

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  10:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
Hooray!!Oh, Susan, I am so glad to hear that your Smudgie came home!! WONDERFUL!! Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  06:20:37 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Oh, Susan....I'm so happy and relieved to hear your awesome news. Give that cat a good scolding then a great big hug and kiss from me!!!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  08:03:47 AM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
What wonderful news! Where on earth do they go when they do that? Give him a hug and a scratch for me.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?