Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitting ornament from Bronners in Frankenmuth, MI
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  4:13:33 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
I went to www.bronners.net and actually found a xmas bulb that has knitting needles and the words written I love to knit on it. You hang on your tree like you would any other glass ornament. It looks it is made of glass like a regular ornament. I was so thrilled. I ordered one right away. It was $5.95 . This shop is located in Frankenmuth,Michigan. For those of you who have never been to Frankenmuth, it is a lovely little place and Bronners is one of the main attractions there as it is a wonderful Christmas store. I remember going there in my childhood many times as I was born and raised in Michigan. When you go to the site. Click on Christmas ornaments, then click on ornaments for special people . Scroll down and about half way down in the middle row you will see it. They also have other lovely ornaments for teachers, policemen, firefighters etc... Good luck. I cant wait to get mine in the mail.

Lelani

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1561 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  6:22:03 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
I used to love to go to Bronner's when we lived in Michigan and vacationed at Crystal Lake. Brings back many happy memories!

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

warble
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  6:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit warble's Homepage Send warble a Private Message
Ah, Bronners. So huge and overwelming, but neat nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:03:22 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
oh no...oh dear... I stash ornaments probably even more than I do yarn. HELP!!!

Food, Gas, Rent.. and Yarn
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
509 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:10:27 PM  Show Profile Send Jacqueline a Private Message
quote:

oh no...oh dear... I stash ornaments probably even more than I do yarn. HELP!!!

Oh no - that's something else we have in common!!

Everytime I travel I try and bring back some ornaments for my tree....I have some sensational ones from Austria and Boston that I brought home last year.

I was too scared to check whether they shipped to Australia or not! I think I am better off not knowing!

Jacqueline

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:32:54 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
I do that too! :) I always figure that if I get one on a vacation, it will always help me remember the trip! :) I'd rather have an ornament of some memory (that I can use) than another knick-nack! :)

m

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:43:30 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
mee too!!! My very favourites are the ones I got at the Kristkindlsmarkt in Nurnburg the year I spent Xmas in Germany.

Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  7:33:15 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Did anyone go to the site to check that knitting christmas bulb out? If you did, how did you like it?

Lelani
Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  10:35:28 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
not only did I check it out - I bought it! (working girls can do that, don't ya know? :) I will let you know if it is cool or cheezy when I get it :)

Go to Top of Page

JoyLinn383
Sustaining Member

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  12:39:14 PM  Show Profile Send JoyLinn383 a Private Message
I love Bronners!! I haven't seen this ornament though. I have seen the one from Hallmark, it's a little knitting basket with needles and yarn and it says JOY on the front of the basket. I want it, I want it, I want it!! Will someone think to purchase it for me because I am a knitter and my name is Joy and I have mentioned it a few times??? Not likely...so I think I will buy it myself. The next time I run up to Frankenmuth, I will have to check out that ornament you saw. It's only a 45 minute drive for us and we tend to get up there for the chicken dinners! There is also a gift shop called Rapunzels that sells yarn and needles. I bought some yarn for a scarf and underestimated. They were very kind to see if they had more in my dye lot and then to send me 2 more balls (I wanted a longer scarf when I got into it).

Joy Linn
'A Joyful Heart is Like Good Medicine'
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2003 :  4:19:45 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
Oh Joy , I had forgotten about the wonderful chicken dinners there. My parents used to take us there as children. We lived in Detroit so this was like a fun day trip for us. Thank you for giving me back that warm memory. I have lived in Minnesota for 22years now. I am going to Kalamazoo,Michigan on Dec 11th to see My daughter graduate from Western Michigan University. Cant wait!!

Lelani
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2003 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
I got my "love to knit" ornament in the mail today. I love it, it is so cute. It looks like any other xmas bulb but has yarn and needles on it. Check out the link i provided at the begining of this post. You gotta have it!!!!!

Lelani
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I have only been to Frankenmuth once about 4-5 years ago I think. Nice place with two major competing restaurants that serve like food right across the street from one another, that's what I remember! LOL I do recall a lovely Christmas shop being there now that you mention it. I'll have to check out the ornament.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  9:30:40 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
I got mine today too - it's very cute!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.