Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 one handed knitting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message
Somewhere on this forum, I mentioned a tool which enabled you to knit one handed. I stumbled on it again this morning and here is the site. It is $29.00, which is not very much for something like this, The original that I saw was over $100. I do disagree with the picture they show as it would be easier to clamp the left hand needle and knit with the right hand but whatever, I am sure if you need one you can work out what is best for you. There is also a device to help control yarn tension available at Patternworks for around $5 that could be attached to the tool or another convenient spot.

http://www.dynamic-living.com/clamp_it.htm

fran

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  11:18:14 AM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
Thanks, Fran-- I bet that will really come in handy for someone-- either someone who needs one to knit all the time-- or for a short time due to some illness....

myshelle

Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  11:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
[font=Arial]Fran, that's a great site. My husband is going blind and deaf, so we may well use some of those devices in the future. Especially the smoke detector! Linda [/font]

Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  3:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
I am glad you posted this,Fran. I know some of us were discussing some things like this and I didn't know where they could be found. Barb

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?