Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Something different
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:00:35 PM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
In the Sunday Kansas City Star there was an article about the resurgence of hot water bottle use, and they showed a very attractive knitted cover! For the person who has everything. I may try to work out a pattern.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
I made everyone hot water bottle covers last year. I used a pattern from an old Interweave magazine. It was lovely and fast. Knit in the round. Fit the hot water bottel perfectly! I'll look up the issue, if you want.
Eliz.

Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
I've beent hinking of making one for my MIL but I've been too busy to work out a pattern. If someone actually has one I'd love to have it.
:)amy

Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2003 :  3:42:58 PM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
There are patterns for hot water bottle covers in one of Debbie Bliss' recent books, and in one or two of the newer books aimed at younger, "trendier" knitters but I can't remember which ones (Stitch N beach? Weekend Knitting?)
Also, try the ever-lovin' Google search for "pattern knit hot water bottle" or variations thereof:
http://snethen.com/personal/jen/bottlecover.html
is just one that comes up.
Carol

Go to Top of Page

Parrot Girl
Permanent Resident

2129 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  07:00:37 AM  Show Profile Send Parrot Girl a Private Message
Elizabeth, I'd love to know which issue the pattern is in! I did Google yesterday and found several patterns, but none as nice as the one in the Sunday paper.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Irish350
Chatty Knitter

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  09:16:46 AM  Show Profile Send Irish350 a Private Message
I am thinking I just saw a water bottle pattern in the "Felted Knits Book". I got my new Knitpicks catalog last night. This was a picture of it next to the book.

Irish

Go to Top of Page

Cayli1
Seriously Hooked

USA
635 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  09:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cayli1's Homepage Send Cayli1 a Private Message
There is one in Felted Knits. Of course it is felted so you would have to like that look. It is made with a wool/angora blend (Classic Elite Lush) and looks very nice. Should be very luxurious if made in this type of blend. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Cayli

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
Hi! I found the pattern. It is in Interweave Summer 2002, p. 42, under "Quick Gifts". It's aran-style, lightly felted. It is the classiest pattern I've seen.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

ChelleC100
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChelleC100's Homepage Send ChelleC100 a Private Message
I saw that article in the Kansas City Star last Sunday also. It talks about how the non-rubber kind of hot water bottles are making a comeback. I'm thinking a hot water bottle cover might be the perfect gift for my grandmother.

Thanks, Elizabeth for looking up that pattern in Interweave Knits. I'll see if I can backorder the pattern from them. Chelle

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe