Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Knitter's Review Boutique Feedback
 Wish Lists!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I would love to send Ken & Family members to KRB to look for things for me, so that they can find exactly what I'd like... sort of like Amazon does.

That way I wouldn't get a plastic storage bin for my birthday like I did this morning.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  07:02:32 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
I agree Rose , as my family hasnt a clue what to get for me. I will probably end up with alot of gift certificates to my favorite LYS and my favorite craft store.

Lelani
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  4:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
You aren't alone. I have a couple of people that actually hear me when I say what I need and then there are other that do worse than the plastic bin. :) I try to tell myself its the thought that counts. and then I find someone that can use the thoughtful gift that I couldn't use.

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  6:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
That's a very, very good suggestion (and a flattering one - you like the boutique!). I'll add that to my new-features wish list. In the meantime, there is a new function where you can save a cart for later. Someone else could log in (with your username and password) and then he or she would be able to see the products in your saved cart. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but hey, it's a feature nonetheless.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

KD in FLA :)
Chatty Knitter

257 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  8:42:48 PM  Show Profile Send KD in FLA :) a Private Message
quote:

That way I wouldn't get a plastic storage bin for my birthday like I did this morning.

Hey! does this mean today is your birthday? If so, well,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(If not, well, oops!)

Kathleen

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  6:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Yep! And thank you!

Yesterday was my birthday and I'm getting married one month from today, assuming I get something better than a plastic storage bin for Christmas!

(I know, I know... he was trying...)

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

SerMom
Permanent Resident

Canada
6412 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  9:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send SerMom a Private Message
quote:

Yep! And thank you!

Yesterday was my birthday and I'm getting married one month from today, assuming I get something better than a plastic storage bin for Christmas!

(I know, I know... he was trying...)

Happy birthday, and, you're getting married on New Year's Day??? That's when my parents got married

Barbara

Remember, we're self-selecting!
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2074 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  5:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Clara, I love the idea of a KR Boutique wish list - that is if it is not too much of a hardship for you. I will remember the "save cart" too.
Thanks for the Boutique - your stuff is so wonderful!
Martha
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  8:25:25 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Clara, I love Knitter's Review Boutique! I just got my order when I got home from a hard day in the clinic...I was the only nurse in the clinic today and had two patients go bad on me at the same time!!! First time in my 23 years as a nurse that that has happened! Anyway, there on my porch, was several packages. The one on top was from the Boutique. Clara I loved the self portrait!! Gave me a reason to chuckle! You wrap everything up so beautifully it's almost a shame to tear open the paper, but I do because I'm always so excited to see what I ordered...I have yet to be disappointed. I love the new stitch markers! Very nice. I bought the girlie Take back the needles T at the retreat, so I ordered the comfortable T from the boutique. Fit's perfect! So Clara, Thanks for making my dreadful day a bit brighter!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  9:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I'm so glad I could help brighten your day - it sounds like quite a dreary one. Two patients go bad at the same time... yikes. I'm also glad you approved of the packaging. It was a welcome relief from forum-rebuilding geekdom, wrapping your order!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.