Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 800 to 1200 Yards
 Great buy on Noro Kureyon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  1:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Well, if you have read my sad news posting on my LYS going out of business then you will understand why I am in a yarn buying frenzy. I just picked up 9 skeins (984 yards total) of Kureyon in color # 12 at 40% off. It's mostly grey and black with a few punches of fuschia, pink and lime (perhaps it's really a yellow but it looks like lime to me.)

Now I need to decide on a purpose for the yarn. Any suggestions that would use up the majority of it? I don't think I have enough for a sweater for me as I would need enough for a size 16.

Dee

ET
Sustaining Member

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  1:19:37 PM  Show Profile Send ET a Private Message
You may have already seen these in other posts, but here's a pattern for a felted bag using 3 skeins of Kureyon:

http://boogaj.typepad.com/knitting/free_pattern_kureyon_felted_bag.html

A baby sweater using 5 skeins:

http://www.diynet.com/diy/lb_bedding/article/0,2025,DIY_13993_2276518,00.html

And a multidirectional scarf using 200-300 yds:

http://www.douma.net/Karen/knitting/AccessoryStuff/640.Multi2.jpg.html

Edina
Vancouver, WA

"All things are literally better, lovelier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making." John Ruskin
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  1:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I bought a bag of 10 skeins of Kureyon on eBay during the summer. (color #131) So far I made a crocheted scarf, a sweater for my dog, and a pair of socks. I still have 4 skeins left. I love this stuff - when you try something new it automatically looks good. I would not wear a sweater made of it, stripes are just not my style, but all these assorted small projects are great. Think also hats, bags, mittens......
Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  4:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message
Something mod-knit or entrelac would be neat, since the color changes in the yarn would alter as the design progressed. I've seen a few tote bags done that way--unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them, so I can't give you the links. Not very helpful, am I?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe