Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 I want the new tall clothes dryer
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  06:27:13 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
Have you seen them? They are taller than me - regular clothes dryer on the bottom, and the top (behind the doors)has movable/removable screen trays, and a hanging rod. So all those things you "dry flat" or "hang to dry" can go up there. I'm thinking felted purses....just shape them and set them on one of the screens and while you're drying your other clothes..... Isn't that a cool idea?

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  08:13:52 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
If the house we buy doesn't come with a washer/dryer then we'll likely end up buying one of them.

http://www.femiknits.blog-city.com/knitting_for_canadian_troops.htm
http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
I've looked at it too - by the time I need a new dryer (which could be years or tomorrow since ours is 28 yrs old) I thought about that one too. Waiting to read reviews of people who bought them also.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Too bad they came out after my old Kenmore broke, or I'd be nagging DH for that dryer. The Kenmore had an insert that let you lay a sweater or shoes or whatever flat and you slid the arm of it into the lint filter slot. The whole contraption was suspended over the rotating drum and the warm air just flowed around the garment to dry it. Worked like a charm until the dryer broke. I still miss it. I hate laying wet clothes out on towels.

-- susi

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:46:04 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
When mine goes, that's the one I'm considering too -- the one that has the flat-dry surface as well as the hang-to-dry option (great for hubby's long sleeved shirts).

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

bfaye
Seriously Hooked

USA
721 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  12:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaye's Homepage Send bfaye a Private Message
I want one of these too. I hope the next major appliance to go is the dryer so I can get one. Let's see, my dryer is only 16 years old, and you know they can last forever, so I may be stuck with my little portable sweater dryer for awhile.

benne
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  10:06:48 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Little portable sweater dryer? What are those?

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  10:27:44 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Rose, I may be wrong, but I think benne means one of these stackable mesh thingies, which I could probably use, since when I'm not using my blocking board, I just stretch wool things on top of the dryer, which doesn't let the air circulate. I'd like one of those tall dryers, too, but we aren't ready to buy a new one yet.
Go to Top of Page

bfaye
Seriously Hooked

USA
721 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  11:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaye's Homepage Send bfaye a Private Message
Rose, Wendy is right. It's one of those white mesh squares with legs. It's one of the things I asked for last Christmas. I'm such a cheap date. [:00]
benne
Go to Top of Page

elizh
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  2:16:25 PM  Show Profile Send elizh a Private Message
I have one of these dryers and we like it. The top part is actually a separate dryer you turn on that gently circulates warm air or steam if you choose that.. I've used it for drying felted purses and also for laying flat blocked sweaters after spinning the water out. The mesh racks (there are 4 of them) are fairly big, but I still have to fold in the sleeves and/or the hem. But it did a very nice job. It's also good for de-smelling smokey stuff. The hang up racks wiggle back and forth if you want them to and you can steam out wrinkles.
Go to Top of Page

aggie epee
Warming Up

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit aggie epee's Homepage Send aggie epee a Private Message
I first saw one of those dryers a few years ago. The model I saw would also move the rack of hanging clothes back and forth for more circulation. Unfortunately I am at least ten years from homeowner status (and in fact that would be kind of amazing), but I hope that when I get there we have enough spare cash for the dryer of my dreams.

http://everwhelming.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message
Wendy and Benne -- thanks! I already have one of those and hesitate to use it as the cats think it's very cool to lay on it (damp sweater and all). Often find it with collasped leg(s).

Thought for a minute that there was another "little portable sweater dryer" thingey that I didn't know about. LOL.

RoseM
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  07:45:44 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
I don't have the tall dryer, but I did recently get the LG front loading dryer with the flat insert and it is really handly. I have dried shoes on it and it really was great when I ordered a vintage crocheted handbag from E-bay and it stunk like mothballs. It had wood handles, so I put it on the flat surface and sprayed it with Febreze and stuck some dryer sheets in with it. After a few go rounds, it was fine.

J.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?