Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Knitting Books from 1938
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knitters-Attic
Chatty Knitter

Canada
154 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  07:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitters-Attic's Homepage Send Knitters-Attic a Private Message
I was asked by a customer to assist her with a lace baptism blanket for her great grand child. In discussion I mention to her I collect old knitting book. To my great surprise, she showed up with a stash of vintage books, starting from 1938. I even got on produced by the Red Cross to assist volunteers knit for the troops in the 2nd World War. I have contacted an archivist for recommendations on how to preserve these books.
This is one of the best knitting gifts I have received. The other was a hand knitted shawl from Argentina.

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  05:14:03 AM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
I love vintage knitting patterns (my oldest one is a Swedish needlework book from 1927), so I'm green with envy!!
Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  05:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a kind and sweet person.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  9:12:01 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
I had one of those stapled, paper booklets of knitting patterns which ended up in a museum. I enjoyed having it for a year although it had nothing I'd ever make. I went to a museum which was looking for American items from the 20s to 30s- I wrote and asked and they said yes, love to have it.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  9:35:50 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
That is an AWESOME gift! The most vintage knitting stuff I have is some issues of Vogue Knitting from the 60s and a few sweater, glove and sock leaflets from the 50s. I'd LOVE to have some older stuff, I find it fascinating!

Maria

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?