Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 Heirloom Knitting, an amazing lace book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MeezieGirl
Seriously Hooked

USA
623 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  07:55:16 AM  Show Profile Send MeezieGirl a Private Message
Just a piece of information for those of us who lust for books. There is a site - AddALL - that will list all the places where a used book is available. You put in the title and author, or ISBN number, and it seems to search lots of sites that have used books. I have used Alibris, abebooks, etc., but AddALL has all of them and some I've never heard of. The website is www.used.addall.com . Give it a try and see what comes up. After you have your list of books, go to the bottom of the first page and you can sort it by price, so you can find the cheapest ones.

WARNING, this site is very dangerous to your checkbook. Enjoy.

Edited to add:
I just searched for Heirloom Knitting and came up with prices varying from $36.17 in the UK to $96.00! Quite a variety. Wonder what the shipping would be from the UK???

Dee

You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl.

http://meeziegirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Calamintha
Permanent Resident

USA
2886 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  08:22:46 AM  Show Profile Send Calamintha a Private Message
That's an interesting service. I looked up Sarah Don's Art of Shetland Lace which is an OP book I am interested in and it came up with prices ranging from $51.75 to $295.00!
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Keep checking the price at Amazon. it changes. The first time I looked it was $36 and I put it in the buy later basket. When I went back a few days later to buy it, it was $56! So I left it there. a long itme later I happened to check again and it was back down to $36, so I snapped it up!

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  1:07:34 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
Wow. I just went to addall.com and did a search on Starmore's Aran Knitting. The prices ranged from the list price of $39.95 (but of course, not available) to over $500! Yikes!

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

aspiring crazy cat lady
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  07:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit aspiring crazy cat lady's Homepage Send aspiring crazy cat lady a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet
I got the book from Amazon for only thirty something dollars. The price changes from time to time, so if it's not discounted, put it in your wish list or buy later cart and watch it.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

I got mine from Amazon too for around 32.00 I think. It took about 3 months to get to me though, but it was worth it. I'm super cheap and I would've paid 3x the retail price for this book. It is SO worth the money and then some! Sharon Miller is amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  6:56:30 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Received mine in the mail today. What a great book! I ordered on 6/6/06.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:28:24 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Ordered mine yesterday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  08:00:29 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Trina, you will love it. Sarah bought a couple of her patterns and really likes them. Maybe some day I will try a couple of her patterns, because if you buy 2 you get a freebie. She has some great patterns.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  1:26:28 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Zola, I can't wait! I want to buy a few of her patterns already!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
If you look at the pictures of the two print o' the waves stoles you will start to see a lot of differences - two columns versus three vetween the "waves" - very different edgings, etc. Both stunning.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

HelenOfOz
New Pal

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  04:33:19 AM  Show Profile Send HelenOfOz a Private Message
I too have been drooling at Sharon Miller's web site. I bought the Cameron Shawl project from her and the information you get and hints is just wonderful. I didn't start it yet because I have a few other projects I need to finish 1st. I'm thinking of starting on it in summer. It might be the ideal time to knit it as the cobweb wool is really fine. Her book is on my wish list too and the wedding ring shawl
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  10:46:56 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
I probably am way behind here, but have you seen any of Susanna E Lewis' books on Lace. Very good!

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by