Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Fun Fur and Eyelash Yarn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tangneyc
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  04:00:41 AM  Show Profile Send tangneyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I guess that I can chuck that half finished scarf I have in the closet. It's so yesterday, right?

Cindy

tangneyc
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  04:04:56 AM  Show Profile Send tangneyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong spot. Can't figure how to delete or move this!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  05:35:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Cindy! If nobody has replied to your post yet, you can simply click on the little folder icon with the pencil over it - if you hover your mouse, you'll see the words "edit topic." That'll let you move the post. (And only chuck the half-finished scarf if you don't like it!)

However, now that I've replied, it won't let you move the thread. Also, I can't merge this thread into the TNNA thread. So it shall reside, oh so proudly, right here instead.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

tangneyc
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  3:06:35 PM  Show Profile Send tangneyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clara

Hi Cindy! If nobody has replied to your post yet, you can simply click on the little folder icon with the pencil over it - if you hover your mouse, you'll see the words "edit topic." That'll let you move the post. (And only chuck the half-finished scarf if you don't like it!)

However, now that I've replied, it won't let you move the thread. Also, I can't merge this thread into the TNNA thread. So it shall reside, oh so proudly, right here instead.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Thanks so much! I am sooooo chucking that scarf...1) because it sounds like it's "out of style" (although in 10-15 years it will probably be in again)and 2) because the yarn is a tangled mess that I keep telling myself I will untangle at some point in the future. I'm pretty sure it's been 5 or 6 years since I tried last. It's like psychic baggage sitting there in my closet mocking me...

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

sjanova
Seriously Hooked

USA
963 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  12:40:35 AM  Show Profile Send sjanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you use it for stuffing a toy in similar colors? If it's got the same washing requirements as the toy yarn does, it might work nicely as stuffing and be better than white toy stuffing that shows through if you're not careful. If there's a good bit of it, it might be nice to use for a larger toy.

sja
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  1:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mom used up my eyelash stash making stuffed toys - beards for gnomes and spikes for hedgehogs.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tangneyc
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  11:17:45 PM  Show Profile Send tangneyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sjanova

Can you use it for stuffing a toy in similar colors? If it's got the same washing requirements as the toy yarn does, it might work nicely as stuffing and be better than white toy stuffing that shows through if you're not careful. If there's a good bit of it, it might be nice to use for a larger toy.

sja

What a great idea! Thanks!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Mocha
Permanent Resident

Singapore
2903 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  7:32:49 PM  Show Profile Send Mocha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw..what a pity, because you can use "normal" yarn as the 'body' and continue with the eyelash and give it to a kid/tween.. I think they would love it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe