Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sweater Talk
 4H " designer sweater!--SEE PHOTOS!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  7:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 16-year-old autoharp student is also a knitter. She decided to knit a tunic for the 4H Fair this year, and I taught her how to do it by devising her own pattern, based on her chest measurement! She got a blue ribbon for her efforts!

Scroll down to my later post for the photos link. (It's the only way I could get this thread back on the Active Topics list!)

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2010 :  7:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We want pics. :)

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Terrific stuff, Ceil! I grew up in 4-H with sewing, and it influenced me my whole career as a custom dressmaker. Your pupil sounds like a very enterprising and intelligent young lady!

I share your feeling of excitement at teaching her knitting stuff: I taught my grandson last year-he was 7 years old!

I look forward to hearing about what the judges say!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  5:53:23 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!!!!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  09:45:28 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whooo Hoooo! Congrats. Pictures please!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...To much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  08:39:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To see photos, go to:

http://gallery.me.com/iserff/100146

Hope you'll comment here, as she'll be reading!

Ceil

Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  11:02:00 AM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm impressed. She definitely deserved her blue ribbon.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Job....both student and teacher!! I couldnt agree with Sara Sue more.....she sure deserves the blue ribbon!
judy
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  3:39:48 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The pictures are great. She did a wonderful job and the sweater looks perfect on her.

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...To much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  3:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done! I definitely agree - the ribbon was well deserved! Excellent work!

KathyR

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
My Blog
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/ (Roselea Fibres)
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  4:15:34 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great job and she looks adorable in it. I think she deserved her ribbon.

M L
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  5:58:32 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a pretty design and it fits perfectly! That is so great!
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  7:06:46 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simple and fine. I love her edge finishes: tidy and well-behaved!

Please be sure she reads our comments: she deserves all the praise she gets!

And Kudos to you for mentoring her. Keep the good stuff going, Ceil!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2753 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  7:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Her finishing is BEAUTIFUL! Wow! Well done!

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
http://purledthis.blogspot.com/ UPDATED! WITH PICS!
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  8:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um, her "finishing" is really her "starting"! The set-in sleeves were picked up at the armholes and knitted down. It's a great way to do them. No sewing!

Thanks, all, for looking. I know she'll be pleased as punch to see your comments!

Ceil

Go to Top of Page

Coolj
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  05:34:35 AM  Show Profile Send Coolj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ceil, her beautiful work is a reflection of your excellent tutelage. Congratulations to both!
Juanita
Go to Top of Page

neraksenrab
Chatty Knitter

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  7:59:27 PM  Show Profile Send neraksenrab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really beautiful work! Congratulations on a wonderful tunic that anyone would be proud to wear. Well done! Karen
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  6:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love that sweater--she'll be able to wear it for a long time, because it's a very flattering classic style. Great, great job!

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2666 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2010 :  11:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great work! Congrats to you both.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3959 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2010 :  04:42:43 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic! Congratulations to you both.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe