Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 HEY! NEW LOOK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  07:57:11 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy was I surprised this am when I logged into KR and there
was a totally new look. It is nice to see Clara's face smiling
at me. Although it did take me a minute to find where to
then.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  08:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there,

You noticed! I decided it was time to shake things up, since this week marks the TENTH BIRTHDAY of Knitter's Review and the beginning of our eleventh year together. The photo of me is intentionally blurry.

A few people have been concerned that there's no general link to the Forums, just a login and register link. While I see about making a modification so folks can continue to browse invisibly without actually joining or participating in our community (can you sense a wagging finger?), all you have to do is click on the "Knitter's Review Forums" logo in the upper left-hand corner, or even click "active topics," to get out of the sign up / login screen and back to the Forums.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  08:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just logged in and was a moment disoriented....but was "home" pretty quickly after that. But I do agree, a bit of an update and brush over is a real good thing!

Marjolein

my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
www.ravelry.com/projects/marjotse
Go to Top of Page

2totangle
Permanent Resident

1212 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  09:24:54 AM  Show Profile Send 2totangle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it! Happy Birthday, KR! It's very nice to see your picture, Clara, even if it's intentionally "artistic." To me, it's a nice reminder that you're here with us over a cup of tea, with a cat lying in the sun nearby.

Suzanne

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2totangle/
Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/2totangle
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
820 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  10:17:23 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday!
Guess I'll have to take a look on my laptop now that my curiosity is piqued.

Run, Bike, Knit, Repeat!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  2:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am logged on permanently so I didn't notice the new look until Zola pointed it out.

Woohoo for KR and Clara! Here's to another 10 years!
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4399 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  6:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love it Clara -- so classy! And what better way to celebrate KR's birthday! I think I'm going to go give Betty a present...

Jane

Betty needs a warm hat: Support KR
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  05:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice! I love it!

Catherine
http://yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NutmegOwl
Gabber Extraordinaire

582 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit NutmegOwl's Homepage Send NutmegOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the ping on this - I'm bookmarked to the forums and missed it entirely. I don't think I ever realized that I literally walked into a LYS for the first time right about the same day that Our QB started this very special community. Coincidences never cease ...

-----
Nutmeg Owl
Quaecumque sunt vera
http://www.owlwaysknitting.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  09:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Clara! I've said it before but I'll say it again - you have made the world a better place. Thank you for creating this wonderful space, without which I would not have found some of my dearest friends.

And thank you Zola and NutmegOwl for pointing me to KR's new look. I also have the forums permanently bookmarked, so I rarely check the homepage.

Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4399 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  1:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like that Clara gussied up the porch -- it invites us to use the front door, instead of the back! Now, if I have muddy feet or a bag of groceries or something, I'll be polite and go around to the kitchen, but otherwise I think I'll ring the bell and go right in to the front parlor!

Jane

Betty deserves a nice birthday present: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1858 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  5:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary, KR!!!

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

lawlerjb@comcast.net
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  10:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send lawlerjb@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the look and the memories. Wishing KR a big HB and many more. Met you in Portland, Or and that was fun, as well
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  10:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday KR!

And many thanks to Clara for her wonderful community. I had to go look at the new Home since I am bookmarked to come right to the forum also. It looks great. But where are you keeping the Dorien Grey picture. You look the same as you did 10 years ago...unless the pictures were done with a change of clothes instead of a change of a decade,,
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  02:32:12 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful article. I enjoyed hearing about the beginnings of KR. I look forward to the next ten years!
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  02:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Happy Birthday girlio - I love the new look of the KR - delight in the before and after barn photos ... though who is that derelect wino bag lady lounging around outside the door - seems to me you could have run her off in 10 years ... and remember with the happiest sweetest most precious memories, how thrilled I was to find someone reviewing those yarns I thought I'd never see in person.

I have subscribed to a number of newsletters and forums over the years, but KR is the ONLY one I've read every issue of. Thank you for the best service I've had in all Fiberdom.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

briarrose
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  03:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit briarrose's Homepage Send briarrose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations of 10 wonderful years Clara! Here's to many, many more! Please keep doing what you do so well!
Chris of Briar Rose
Go to Top of Page

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  04:00:04 AM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wonderful retrospective, clara. keep up the good work

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein and it's up to us not to drop a stitch.
http://dragonmadknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knitterlady
Chatty Knitter

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  04:20:28 AM  Show Profile Send knitterlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, I must add my congratulations on 10 years of entertaining, informative and inspiring work. From the yarn reviews to the forums to the books, you have given much, much, much to the knitters of the world. Thank you, and I look forward to what's next.(Love the new web look!)

Debbye
http://knit-cook-read.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Doing_the_Continental
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  05:13:29 AM  Show Profile Send Doing_the_Continental a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday! I joined Knitter's Review at the urging of my friend Nancy Blankenship, the best knitter I ever knew. Nancy passed away too soon. I think of her every time I pick up a pair of knitting needles.
Congratulations. Keep up the great work.

Anna Marie
Go to Top of Page

tempeh
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  05:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit tempeh's Homepage Send tempeh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, congratulations and happy 10th birthday. Your work has filled a tremendous void in my knitting life, and I love it more today than when I first discovered Knitter's Review. One thing that strikes me is how readable your work is. In this age of spell check and be done, your work is well-edited, written with style, and thoroughly researched. I always look forward to my Thursdays!

Essie
essiewb.blogger.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by