Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Filatura di Crosa's Superior and Nirvana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  02:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always read whatever Clara has to say about any yarn - truth is - KR Thursdays are favorite days of the week for me. But Everyone knows that "As gawd is mah witnuss, Ah'll nevva buy yarn agin!" so of course reading about yarn at this point is merely rote habit. I have an intellectual curiosity about just about any yarn and will get a visceral thrill when reading about luxury yarns. Cashmere is a sure hook for me; silk, ditto. Merino is a staple in my life (and stash).

And then, there is the thorough approach our Missy C gives to any yarn she turns her mind to. This will always entertain and inform.

But it was that photo - that photo of the swatch in garter stitch that started the familiar salivation of lust! Immediately my brain kicked into calculations - How much would it take to make a fluffy cowl? What large lacy stitch pattern would grace this creamy combo? How quickly could I zip through something like this so the yarn wouldn't really ever officially be in my stash? Can I scrape together a little extra play money this month ... after all, it IS my birthay month.

Oh. Oh the palpitations! Quick! Where are my smelling salts.

Wicked Clara. Thank you for pushing me into Knitting Math this morning.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com

laurab
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  05:31:18 AM  Show Profile Send laurab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of like the synergy of a really good marriage, where our strengths reinforce one another & help to overcome any snags, making the partnership stronger than the individuals!
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  2:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Bess, just one ball of the gorgeous Superior is enough to make quite a decent sized scarf so I'm sure you would only need one ball of each to make a cowl - and maybe a hat or mitts to go with it!

I'm the proud owner of one lovely, lovely skein of Superior (yes, even over in little old New Zealand we do, sometimes, get treated by some lovely little jewels crossing the ocean. No, I didn't send away for but bought it off someone who imports it - yay, I can get more if my bank account can stand the strain!) and I keep it in my cupboard taking it out now and then to lovingly stroke it's soft downiness. One day I will knit it up into a soft scarf to snuggle into, but until I find the perfect pattern I keep on patting...

KathyR

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
My Blog
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/ (Roselea Fibres)
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  03:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wicked KathyR

but yeah... I'm thinkin' that way too

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4401 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  5:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This made me smile - thank you Bess!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by