Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Spinning in Orange Virginia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  04:21:24 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations,

We are a group of spinners that meet on Tuesdays from 1-5ish, at the Orange Arts Center. All levels of spinning and fun welcome.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake

Bettsknits
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  07:45:28 AM  Show Profile Send Bettsknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just for spinners? I think there was a knitting group that met in Orange but I'm not sure which day.
Did a yarn shop open in the LOW area? It seems I heard that one was opening but I haven't anything recently.
Bettsknits
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  06:15:21 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Sorry I just found this note

The Tuesday group is a spinning group, wheels or spindles

I heard that there might be a knitters group started there soon by the group that use to knit at the coffee shop.

The coffee shop closed, so the band of knitters disbanded. Most of them just went to their second addiction, spinning

Several yarn shops have closed in the area (Warrington, Ruckersville, and one I don't remember). A new one opened in Culpeper, called Dog House Yarns. I have not visited it. I usually buy from Stoney Mountain Fibers in Charlottesville. If I am in the are, I will check it out, but Barbara always has what I need or can get it for me.

Will try to keep you posted.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  06:17:21 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

I found out that I had made an error. The group at the Arts Center were a group of women that stayed together after taking beginning knitting lessons together, not the coffee shop group. They are thinking about getting back together. Will ask on Tuesday if there is an update. There is also talk about a loom group forming.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Bettsknits
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  08:31:51 AM  Show Profile Send Bettsknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for responding, Lovethelake. I am in a knitting group that those of us from Pins & Needles (Ruckersville yarn shop that closed)started. Oh, we are so heart broken that she had to close! I have bought yarn at Barbara's Stoney Mtn Fibers also, and we were just talking about her shop in our knit group.
Fiber groups are wonderful for the friendships that form.
Please do let me know what you find out on Tues.
Bettsknits
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  12:21:49 PM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Is your knitting group looking for more people? I could spread the word. This group I spin with are also knitters, and a hoot.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Bettsknits
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2010 :  09:45:15 AM  Show Profile Send Bettsknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our first two meetings have been in homes of members, then we will be using a library in Charlottesville and a church in Green Co. When we have a more definite spot I'll let you know so you can spread the word.
We learn so much from each other when we get together.
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  05:10:46 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Great, I will surely mention it. I will tell you that Barbara Gentry at Stoney Mountain Fibers does knit/spin ins. My friends have gone, but living out in the boonies, it is a hike for me (Lake Anna). But let's keep in touch, and maybe we could get the groups together.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.