Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

nowandthen@snet.net
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  06:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit nowandthen@snet.net's Homepage Send nowandthen@snet.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's only 9:00 AM, but I have just read this topic, but I'm already happy because I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock, and then when I looked out the window I discovered it is gently raining today, so that means planned tasks are cancelled and I can sit down with a good novel, my knitting and a cup of tea. Happiness indeed!
Go to Top of Page

scarfitup
Chatty Knitter

191 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  06:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarfitup's Homepage Send scarfitup a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am grateful and happy for many things today! We've had a wonderful week and a half of birthday celebrations (my Dh turned 70 and I think no one thought he'd ever make that number, considering all the health issues he's had) with family and friends, a trip to Savannah, and more. And today, in particular, I'm so happy to it's all over, all the house guests have left, DH went to play golf, and I am home ALONE for the first time in AGES!!!!! Does that sound awful? Hope not! Have a great day, everyone!

Scarf It Up!
http://scarf-it-up.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/photos/scarfitup
http://scarfitup.etsy.com
Become a Scarf It Up! Fan on FB: http://www.facebook.com/scarfitupwilmington
Go to Top of Page

cstmcrea
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  06:22:29 AM  Show Profile Send cstmcrea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
finished my suzies mitts and wore them this morning. Made from Berroco Alpaca and just so wonderful!

Mitzi B
Go to Top of Page

kcknitnut
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  07:29:10 AM  Show Profile Send kcknitnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the new Pattern Store. Fantastic show of shows

KC
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1916 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  07:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went thru my stash last nite and woke up old dreams of projects yet to be.....

My mother made me a homosexual.
And if you give her some yarn, she'll make you one too. ~quentin crisp

http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Liz F
New Pal

44 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  07:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Liz F's Homepage Send Liz F a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We just put in a new soapstone woodstove this week. The glow of the fire is my new tv and I can't wait to spend the evenings in front of it - knitting, of course!
Go to Top of Page

Bettsknits
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  08:08:42 AM  Show Profile Send Bettsknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This morning I ordered three One Skein books and a coffeemaker from Amazon! I will be having lunch today with two dear friends,and tonight I will watch VA Tech vs GA Tech on tv and knit, knit, knit.
Go to Top of Page

kniterature
New Pal

24 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  08:46:43 AM  Show Profile Send kniterature a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great topic! It's early in the morning but I already am happy about three things. First, it's my turn to serve lunch to fifteen co-workers today and my best buddy who has been visiting me for a couple of weeks helped me prepare the feast and got up at the crack of dawn to help me load the car; second, I drive to work along the Pacific Ocean for a few miles and the sight of the ocean never fails to make me feel happy and humble. Lastly, my coworker and I decided to let our assistant leave work yesterday to attend the Giants World Series parade. His excitement as he told us about the parade today made me very happy!
Go to Top of Page

knittingrunner
Seriously Hooked

USA
799 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  08:49:13 AM  Show Profile Send knittingrunner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished my work in MS yesterday, hedged my bets and caught a 6 am flight home as opposed to one that left at 7 pm. Home already and home office tomorrow!
(Socks from recent plane rides are ready for heel flaps on Monday's trip to TX.)

Run, Bike, Knit, Repeat!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

fasthands
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:22:12 AM  Show Profile Send fasthands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been having a difficult time lately- I'm facing a lay-off soon and my best friend's terminal illness is constantly on my mind. My boss noticed my out of character quietness and took the time to chat with me which went a long way to lift my spirits

Angela
Go to Top of Page

texas44
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:40:20 AM  Show Profile Send texas44 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the happy thoughts make a good start to my day. Since winter and hard weather coming soon, I am happy with the sunshine and clear skies for yet one more day. Today is my knit day with friends and that Makes my day. Thanks for the opportunity to share. Linda
Go to Top of Page

sba13221
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile Send sba13221 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a truly magical grandchild. She just turned one a week ago. She can already speak way more words than a normal one year old. We communicate via Skype because they live 1200 miles from us (which makes me sad). Skyping with them makes me so happy. This little girl brings her favorite toys or books over to the screen to show nana and tells me all about them. Much of the telling is gibberish but I love it nonetheless. She is always full of smiles and big hearty laughter. She brings me so much joy. Someday I hope to live nearby but for now it's Skype with the magical one year old that makes me very, very happy!
Go to Top of Page

materavis
New Pal

40 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:50:56 AM  Show Profile Send materavis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where do I start? My DH called on the way to work to say he got the trolley he thought he was going to miss. I love hearing his voice in the morning. The sound of my friend's voice when I told her I will be going with her to an important meeting made my day yesterday. My children, who both have special needs, are well and growing. It's a peaceful quiet rainy day. Even though I can't snuggle up to a fireplace, as I'd like, I'm right next to the heater here in my office.
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
242 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading this thread makes me happy!

Also, I opened my e-mail this morning, and noticed that the title of the top photograph is "Socks that Rock yarn for KR goody bags". Hope that's true!

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

KnitChaos
New Pal

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  10:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitChaos's Homepage  Send KnitChaos a Yahoo! Message Send KnitChaos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As my baby daughter, Moira, learns more self-confidence, she smiles and giggles over all her accomplishments. Her smile is infectious and really makes my day brighter...even at 7am. :D

"Burn the land & boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!"
Go to Top of Page

La galloise
Chatty Knitter

France
162 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  10:31:26 AM  Show Profile Send La galloise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a super topic...........thankyou.
What made me happy today,retirement.
For the last eight years it has given me the freedom to do what I want,spinning ,knitting ,sewing , patchwork ,gardening, reading,chatting and laughing with my husband,walking with our dogs,cuddling the cat(and my husband)
A subject like this makes me reflect on how lucky I am, each day.
Mary
Go to Top of Page

btabbert@iowatelecom.net
New Pal

23 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  10:32:17 AM  Show Profile Send btabbert@iowatelecom.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got an fascinating email from my cousin who is a senior Peace Corps volunteer in Ukraine.

He regularly keeps a big email list of people in the U.S. informed on his activities and educates us about Ukraine.

His photos are interesting, too. I'm grateful for people who, like Terry, are working for peace around the world.

Go to Top of Page

Sailingknitter
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  10:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sailingknitter's Homepage Send Sailingknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cats. Just being in the presence of two charming cats today makes me happy.

Blog: www.sailingknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceddy
New Pal

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  10:53:15 AM  Show Profile Send ceddy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a neat question for a rainy Thursday in Virginia!!

What's made me happy today is: seeing the KR post in my email this morning and 2x happy: dinner with a friend tonight and remembering that I have dinner with a friend tonight!!

Thanks for asking!!

Go to Top of Page

srvelinda@aol.com

USA
Posted - 11/04/2010 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile Send srvelinda@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It made me happy to see my co-workers eating and loving the Italian beef I made for everyone!

www.velinda14.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.