Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  4:13:14 PM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I am happy because I was able to win 2 games of MahJong. Not the first time it has happened, but it is nice to win a few games a week. Sue
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  7:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just arrived in DC, which I haven't visited in 5 years. I just saw the Jefferson memorial, Washington monument, and the Capital at night -- it was so pretty and iconic, I can't wait to walk around for the next few days!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DebbiOH
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
525 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  8:45:17 PM  Show Profile Send DebbiOH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My smile came today when I found my reading glasses. It happens all the time, I put them down and they are misplaced for days. (it's a little thing but a good thing)

~Debbi~NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

soapflakes
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  11:49:36 PM  Show Profile Send soapflakes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I went in for amnio and had no idea they would do a full structural ultrasound as well. Not only did everything look great with the baby, we also found out we're having another girl! It was a complete surprise and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  06:09:23 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations and congratulations Soapflakes

Grateful for the warming bean soup I warmed up for dinner last night.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  8:08:46 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today there was the most beautiful stormy sky. Made me so happy. It was eye poppingly gorgeous.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Jewles
Chatty Knitter

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  06:31:08 AM  Show Profile Send Jewles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am happy for the wonderful day I had in NYC with my mother, son and dear family friend. Sushi lunch and the musical Next to Normal. Thank you Mom, Alex and Jenny!

Go to Top of Page

crochetyknitwit@gmail.com
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  08:22:35 AM  Show Profile Send crochetyknitwit@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a day late posting, but wanted to post my recent very nice thing.
A week ago I lost a very nice glove - one of my favorites - at a Halloween activity in a nearby state park. My husband and I returned to the park to look for it the next morning, but had no luck. I took pictures of the remaining one and e-mailed the ranger station to ask if it had been found.
Yesterday, the ranger e-mailed that she thought she had found it - and indeed she had.
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  03:31:49 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations and good morning

My body clock is not matching my alarm clock, so I am up earlier than my normally early time. But because of this, when I let the dogs out I looked up and saw the most brilliant starry sky. The sky was pitch black and the starts like 1000 watt light bulbs twinkling. It took my breath away and it humbled me to acknowledge how small I am compared to the universe. That does not mean I am not important, but alas, not conquerer of all I perceive. It helped me to put things in perspective, and remind myself not to sweat the small stuff, because that is really small and inconsequential.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's my birthday, and three of my knitting friends joined us for dinner tonight (even if I did do all the cooking!)

Ceil

Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  02:31:53 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Happy belated birthday Ceil

My dogs got groomed! They are Airedales (terriers)and their curly thick hair collects everything. With the leaves down they look like they are in camouflage. Not to mention that the leaves and dirt end up on my floor after a good shake.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  6:43:34 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just had a lovely long talk by phone with my son in France. Feel all grounded and cozy now.

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  3:44:29 PM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
salutations

Could laugh at myself when I made a total disaster while cleaning my dishwasher. Too much Drano, and surprise FOAM EVERYWHERE. Well if I can not laugh at myself, life is not fun.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  5:47:47 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We drove through the Smokey Mountains on the back roads. Gorgeous!

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  5:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am home only for one night -- packing/unpacking would usually annoy me but tomorrow it's the KR retreat! Yippee!

I saw the pandas at the national Zoo and they are so cute!!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  7:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally have something to share: I'm sitting in my room at the Williams Inn, getting ready for the KR Retreat. The drive went smoothly, the weather was beautiful, and I am looking forward to seeing so many of my dear knitting friends!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  05:41:32 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Hope all of you have fun on the retreat, though I am green with envy.

Grateful for a wonderful day yesterday, playing bridge and knitting. Am finishing up a project and off to plan another one. It will be a big project (sweater with a cowl), so I must restrain myself and plan it carefully and do a @#!&()*^$* gauge swatch. Can you tell that I hate knitting those little squares?

Grateful for another sunny fall day.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

879 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I was saved from my very cantankerous mood by the kindness and love of one dear friend, one beloved relative, and one very, very patient partner. Today, I can deal. But it takes a village, sometimes. (And thanks to you all for being part of my village.)

flicka
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  04:34:45 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Had a wonderful lunch with a friend at a small family owned deli. Ahhhhhh Rubens on rye made my day

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

Beverly the Bronx Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  10:32:57 AM  Show Profile Send Beverly the Bronx Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
finished an a throw cover for Mom.

Blessings, Beverly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by