Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2010 :  6:30:41 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweaters--not Christmas--are finished. Most of my shopping is done. The ornaments for the grandchildren are finished to be delivered tomorrow. I got in a yarn order from Peaches and Creme. And, most of all, I spent a quiet day with my DH.

Blog--http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com
Ravelry--panhandlejane

Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Button, the tiniest baby tortoise, has eaten every day for three days. He will live through winter if he keeps this up. He is silver dollar size. It was so bad that I had his little goodbye box picked out.

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  12:20:59 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found DH a present! He's hard to buy for - doesn't want clothes, his hobbies a quite technical and I always get the wrong thing when I go that route, etc. One of his hobbies is photography and yesterday on the Today show they had a very nice travel mug that looks just like one of his camera lenses. YIPPY! Once I found the website and chose the mug, I found a tripod that he will like... he's been looking for one for a long time.

Just like it's hard for him to buy yarn for me, it's not so much fun for me to buy electronics but these two items are in the periphery so I feel really good about them. It made me happy!

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2010 :  1:21:44 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Sue

Christmas shopping is DONE! DONE! DONE! Did it all in my pajamas sitting at the computer. Amazon and I have developed a close personal relationship. Since I use a wheelchair, this is a wonderful way to shop.

I did my shopping the same way last weekend! So very helpful during such a busy time of year.
Go to Top of Page

churchlady
Warming Up

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  10:54:47 AM  Show Profile Send churchlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only one toe and one sock left to knit and Dad will have 2 pairs bedsocks for Christmas. It's not a sunny day, but enough light is coming in the front window for the plants and the parrot to know it's daytime. We don't get snow or deep freezes very often here on Canada's west coast, but it's the rainy season, and it's not raining right now.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2010 :  3:52:45 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lovely to hear from New Pal Churchlady today: welcome to the KR Forums!

The Pacific Northwest is one of my most beloved parts of the world.

Anna

Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2010 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

I have tons of bags of trash in my kitchen. I am decluttering. Why did I keep 5 million empty jars and old plastic containers. Off to the pantry.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3463 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been busy with work, appointments, and getting sick but now that I'm feeling better, I will spend the weekend catching up on all the posts on KR that I've missed this week. That makes me happy!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireG
Seriously Hooked

602 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  10:21:12 AM  Show Profile Send ClaireG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am actually going to my Knitting group meeting at the library tonight,which I have missed for over a month,due to Dad being sick. This does make me happy.
Go to Top of Page

Consuelo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
582 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  1:20:07 PM  Show Profile Send Consuelo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today I met a cute cat. There is a sweat looking stray cat where I am right now. S/he must know other people because it came right over to me and rubbed me and let me pet him. The local approach to stray cats is that they catch them, have them neutered and try to determine if they could be good pets. If so, they put them up for adoption. If they're not, they clip the very tip of one ear so they know they are neutered and return them to where they were originally found.

Consuelo
"Travel is fatal to prejudice" Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

lovethelake
Chatty Knitter

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  4:50:56 PM  Show Profile Send lovethelake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations

Today I am 2/3s done with my Special Olympics scarf. I also treated myself and had my nails and toes done; a Christmas gift to myself. I also gave my mom a pep talk for her knee replacement surgery tomorrow.

Cute story about the cat.

Be well, happy, safe and peaceful.

Lovethelake
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2010 :  12:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A wonderful surprise arrived here today - a gift certificate for Knitivity yarns! ( see www.knitivity.com for yummy colors)

Also, it's Christmas Eve and there are cinnamon buns ready to bake for tomorrow's breakfast (pardon the drool...)

AuntyNin
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  08:08:31 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Santa brought me a set of Addie Lace Click needles, and Cookie A's book Knit, sock, love. Thank you Santa!

Kristina

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  6:58:52 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The ducks tumbling out of their house when I opened the door today.

........................................................................................................................
What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents. RFK
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3989 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  8:55:04 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watching my son and his twin 2yo daughters put on puppet plays today

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2010 :  10:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Four friends came over. Two of them showed me how to change the belt on my vacuum cleaner (which I got from the third one, actually), which means I can finally SUCK THINGS UP. Oh, bliss.

We ordered Chinese, went bowling, played a great game called Mr Joker, picked up dessert at the Korean grocery store and just had a blast.

Not a gift to be opened, not a tree up, nothing like that, and yet it was an excellent day with great friends.

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."
Go to Top of Page

Marie
Chatty Knitter

347 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  05:44:33 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so happy to be over the stomach bug that hit me Thursday night, and made me miss Christmas in NJ with my family...I am so happy to eat food again, even if it is saltines!

Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted. ~John Lennon
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2010 :  3:17:03 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christmas was just what we hoped for!

Quiet, just ourselves, good Chinese takeout, lovely music, memories, and for me especially, courage taken at having gotten through the first holidays doing what felt right, after our dreadful 18 months.

Courage that can do me good for the future.

Best holiday wishes to everybody!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2010 :  11:37:38 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs Anna. And a big Gratz for you and DH.

Today the Sun is out and full. No clouds! Yay! fran's rule is coming in handy for knitting. Yay!

Happy New Year 2011 Everyone! May it be better than this year!

Lella
Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

DebbiOH
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
525 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  05:53:13 AM  Show Profile Send DebbiOH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mother of 78 yrs young was able to come for a 5 day visit this week to see all the grands and greatgrands. I picked her up yesterday and we had one of the best visits during the 3 hour drive to my home. When I was 16 I could barely keep myself in the same room with Mom, and now at 52 I've become grateful at what a joyful person she still is. This makes me happy today!

~Debbi~NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.