Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Family / personal / health issues
 Share one thing that made you happy today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

697 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got two pictures of my little friend Vera wearing the hat and mittens I made for her second birthday. You can check her out on my flickr account. They made me smile all day.

Kristina

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  6:31:11 PM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can see why..........to cute for words.

Beautiful knitted hat and mittens too.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1796 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  8:09:59 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drove my car out of the snow today for the first time! Visited DH in rehab, and he is coming along well.

Anna
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  5:02:42 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knit a little bit today on the raggedy socks, and they are going to be fairly cute. yay!

Lella

Zippiknits

Want to make Betty Happy? Help buy her some brand new shoes.
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  5:07:44 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anna, glad to hear your DH is coming along well. Huzzah!

Lella

Zippiknits

Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

697 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  05:08:24 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitted all weekend and got pretty far on the stole I cast on last weekend. And, at one point when I looked out the window I saw a lost looking possum crossing the snow covered lawn. That made my day.
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

293 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  08:39:25 AM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knit my daughter a slouchy hat and she liked it, she really, really liked it!
When she left to return to college after a weekend home, she packed it without any reminders from me. That's how I knew.......

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  3:18:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got the biggest laugh last night! Came home and no messages on the answering machine. Good. Logged into my e-mail and there were 3 messages from my friend Donna, up the road about 19 miles.

1. Something is wrong with your phone
2. Your phone is broken
3. You have a message on Facebook from Donna
CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU GET HOME. It's connecting me with Sharon in Idaho (I live in PA)

Immediately I knew what the problem was. Call Forwarding. I didn't realize I had that feature! BUT, I didn't know how to remove the forwarding so I had to call my provider, Armstrong, and tell him what happened and ask how to undo my error. Had him laughing.

Then I called Sharon #1 in Idaho. I told her I gathered she was my new answering service! (#1 because she was born first. I'm Sharon #2)
Sharon #1's recollection of the calls:

Call 1: (S) Hello (D) Sharon? (S) Yes (D) I think I have the wrong number. Where are you? (S) Idaho (D) Oops. Sorry. Click.

Call #2 starts out the same, then:

(S) What number did you dial? (D) I don't know, it's programed in my phone. (S) My # is ******. (D) That's not in my phone. (S) Who are you calling? (D) Sharon in *******, I'm worried because I can't get thru to her. (S) OH! Well, I'm Sharon #1, she is Sharon #2! I talked to her at noon today and she was fine.

Had them both laughing when I called to tell them what had happened.

Sharon's son has put a block on her phone so unlisted calls won't go thru. Mine is unlisted and I have to dial *82 first to call her. When I had called her, earlier in the day, I had dialed *72 by mistake. *72 is call forwarding.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:52:08 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our local school bond levy passed! Election was Tuesday, Feb. 8.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  7:29:43 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to be monopolizing this topic, but this was a very good day. I'm thrilled for the people of Egypt, who have the chance to establish a new government. And also . . . we sold the family home today, the one I grew up in. It is a long story, lots of crashed hopes over a few years, but today the sale closed. I am going to sit and cry for a while, that's how happy I am.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

697 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  9:04:55 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Flicka you are sending a very mixed message there. Hope you are OK?

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  9:40:00 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the confusing post. Yes, I am okay, and very relieved and happy for the sale going through. You know, sometimes you just have to shed some tears of happiness!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  12:05:05 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Big Hugs for Flicka*

Tears of Happiness are good.

Yesterday my sister showed me how she has to cut into commercial socks she buys just be able to wear them. Today, I'm very happy that my sister finally accepted a pair of hand knit socks. She has such a hard time with her feet, and they were really comfortable. I asked her if she wanted to take them back off, and she said, "No, no, I want to wear them home!" She was very pleased. Someone new to make socks for! With *bright eyes shining* I am off to bed! Nighty night KR!

Lella

Zippiknits

Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  06:06:24 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs to Flicka, if you are happy I am happy.

Lella, why didn't you tell me you needed someone to knit socks for?

I bought 128 vintage hankies at a estate sale. Sight unseen (long story, Mom related). Hubby went to pick them up, 1/4 of them had the orginal tiny stickers on them. There were many stickers that had fallen off of some laying in the bottom of the box. 2 of them were in a card holder like at Valentine card, on the back it said 1948. Many were cotton and some were linen. One was handmade from 1918, with a note saying "this was the hankie I carried at my wedding made by Grandmother". This hankie was white of course, with beautiful lace on all four corners. Excellent condition, I am thinking of framing this one. I soaked all of them and hand washed and ironed all of them, they are beautiful.

Happy Day indeed.
This was my post for yesterday.

shaggy

Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

697 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  06:55:19 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finding more Dennis the Menace hankies would make my day. I have been looking but with no luck.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  2:30:11 PM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kristina, I have never seen one. If I do it is yours. Promise.

shaggy

Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  3:10:48 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It made me happy to read about all of your happinesses.

........................................................................................................................
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. Antoine de Saint Exupery
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  3:23:34 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What made me happy was to observe how simple things make us happy. I realized for the umpteeth time that we are such an interesting group of minds and hearts here at KR. It made me happy today to realize I get to hang out with you all!

M L
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*ditto* what Milinda said. And mouse, it's a very lovely thread here, and thank you Minh for making it!

Shaggy, you want socks? hehe It takes me an age to finish the darn things but I'll be delighted to make you a pair.

Lella

Zippiknits

Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  5:26:16 PM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you do have my address, so in the next year of two I will looking for them. Whoohoo, will have a reason to talk to Mr. Postman.

shaggy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by