Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Political discussions
 Bristol Palin gets paid $15,000-$30,000 per speech
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

flicka
Seriously Hooked

867 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  3:53:50 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As to the issue raised in the original post, her speech is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If it isn't my money, or public money, I don't have a dog in this fight.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  3:32:31 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Bristol Palin memoir is being published.

........................................................................................................................
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. Antoine de Saint Exupery
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nevermind, I will zip my lip.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  4:16:56 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Snark Alert. Those easily offended by sarcasm or tongue in cheek humore need not read further.

A memoir? From a person under 30. How utterly fascinating.

M L
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  4:39:36 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess she has a lot to tell.
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

867 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
A Bristol Palin memoir is being published

Oh, thanks for that, Mouse. I needed a good laugh this afternoon.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  11:03:51 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No kidding? An actual Memoir? Of a twenty something? Amazing. Someone else wants to make money off of her while she's still a "hot" property capable of generating enough cash to pay for the publish and then some? These are just the facts of the Publishing trade, folks.

Who had the stew recipe? I can't make a good beef stew for love nor money. What is the secret? I dredge and brown the meat, and cook it until it's nicely browned and it's down hill from there. Any clues for the "Clueless"?

Lella

Zippiknits

Want to make Betty Happy? Help buy her some brand new shoes.
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  04:01:53 AM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lella, then cook the meat in broth with onions & celery low & slow for 2-3 hours. That's the key for me. Add carrots & potatoes later. I like to add peas toward the end.

This week I left out potatoes & served over rice. Leftovers went on big, fluffy baked potatoes.

Marilyn
My Bags
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  05:37:34 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wine helps
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1729 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  06:20:47 AM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kkknitter

Wine helps

Agreed! Before, during, & after cooking the stew, if you please! I guess you'd call it getting stewed while making stew. (And putting some in the stew would be good, too.)

Marilyn
My Bags
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  06:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sad thing is that she's getting paid for drivel and the rest of us intelligent people struggle to make ends meet...

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  07:21:41 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And if they are willing to pay her; then I think she should take the money and run. The people who are paying her are the ones who should have the fingers wagged at and be followed by crieds of "Shame!"

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  08:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And just like that, the listing has been pulled from both the Harper Collins catalog and Amazon. Here's the AP story: Newser article.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  09:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jane

And just like that, the listing has been pulled from both the Harper Collins catalog and Amazon. Here's the AP story: Newser article.

Dear God, did you see that last sentence...she wants to run for office someday!!!

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  12:27:10 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And Palin and Bristol have filed papers to trademark their names. At least someone recognizes that she's an "entertainer."

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  3:56:33 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by azblueskies

And Palin and Bristol have filed papers to trademark their names. At least someone recognizes that she's an "entertainer."

azblue

How special.

........................................................................................................................
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. Antoine de Saint Exupery
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  4:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lella

No kidding? An actual Memoir? Of a twenty something? Amazing.

Twenty. She can't even legally drink. Ha!

"I'm telling you, we're in a M. Night Shyamalan flick."
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  6:51:32 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Atavistic, no, she can't even legally drink. But, maybe Alaska is different? Just so everyone knows, this is not meant to be snarky but an observation. It also means that I'm too lazy to go look it up!

Oh Please, Palin and Bristol, don't tell me you're serious about trademarking your names. *sighs* Here we go again. The Office of Patents and Trademarks doesn't really need the money does it?

And BIG "thank yous" to all of you who left stew making hints! I'm going to try again, using all your hints! And, liberal amounts of wine will be used. A glass for the cook, one for the recipe, two for the cooks, one for the stew. Is pie eyed the same as Stewed? hehe.

Lella

Zippiknits

Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  7:51:44 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May I join you, Lella? I can be there early to help with the stewing!

azblue
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  11:38:04 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, please, do come! I will make scones with cranberries and pecans in them for early tea.

Later we can make stew, knit in front of the fire if it's cold out, and stew ourselves drink the rest of the wine with some cheese and crackers.

Lella

Zippiknits

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?