Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Pear Tree 8 ply
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  07:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am truly, madly in love with Pear Tree Super Soft 8 ply. As some of you know, I'm a sucker for luxurious yarn, but this yarn is like no other. I could swear that there is baby alpaca and silk mixed in with this merino, but nope, just Australian wool. I love to buy domestic lately, so I didn't jump on this yarn immediately, but curiosity got the best of me. I'm knitting a baby sweater with it and have gone down a few needle sizes and love it even more. After ripping out 2 false starts (the patterns weren't worthy), the yarn shows no "use wear" and slips right onto and off my needles as if it knows the way. Price wise, I would certainly spend more than the price of one skein for a baby gift for a good friend. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a yarn so much.
Thanks Clara and Leslie.

Rosi

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2011 :  11:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have any 8ply but I have 2 skeins of 4ply waiting for the perfect project. (Pear tree is one of my local yarn companies)

Wen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wen1965/sets/72157623175907664/show/ 2010 FO
http://wenswoolgathering.wordpress.com/ My blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by