Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Political discussions
 Egyptians Support Wisconsin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  3:59:17 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This shows that we truly live in a global environment now.
http://www.myweku.com/2011/02/egypt-supports-wisconsin-one-world-one-pain/

M L

flicka
Seriously Hooked

867 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  5:28:08 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for posting this.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  5:34:59 PM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is truly amazing. Thanks for the post.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  7:28:40 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is heartwarming.

........................................................................................................................
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. Antoine de Saint Exupery
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  7:39:56 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People, I just about fell on the floor when I saw a sign in Madison that read, "Walk Like An Egyptian!" It made me tear up. The Egyptians have managed to set the path for freedom and rights for those who have none and now that silly song from the 80s has become the battle cry of the movement for the little person just wanting a square deal.

It does warm the heart, Mouse!

M L
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  8:05:56 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! I should put this link in the post I made on this thing! Smeck! I'm stealing your link! Thank you for posting!

Thanks for the link! People standing up for people all over the world. Yay!

Lella

Zippiknits

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Go to Top of Page

mouse
Permanent Resident

1442 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  8:33:06 PM  Show Profile Send mouse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People from all over the world, including Egypt, have placed orders with Ian's pizzaria, for pizzas to be delivered to the Wisconsin protestors.

........................................................................................................................
You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. Antoine de Saint Exupery
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  8:39:21 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mouse

People from all over the world, including Egypt, have placed orders with Ian's pizzaria, for pizzas to be delivered to the Wisconsin protestors.

:: I am touched and moved by this show of solidarity. Let's keep it alive! Let's Walk Like Egyptians and tell the world that WE are united and won't take this anymore!

M L
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  05:39:40 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was hard for me to sort out my thoughts on what is going on in Wisconsin, since I do feel that unions can be bad at times (for example in the public school system), but Paul Krugman explained it very well in his Op-Ed in Monday's papper http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/opinion/21krugman.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Wisconsin%20Power%20Play&st=cse

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  07:55:35 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the link, Kristina. Here's another article that helps explain how we got to this point...it's lengthy but IMHO worth your time.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

shaggy
Permanent Resident

USA
4126 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  08:03:22 AM  Show Profile Send shaggy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

:: I am touched and moved by this show of solidarity. Let's keep it alive! Let's Walk Like Egyptians and tell the world that WE are united and won't take this anymore!

M L

This.

shaggy

every dollar makes Betty smile

Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

680 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  09:44:23 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Azblue, thanks for you post. Shaggy, I wish it was that easy. Let's start out with telling President Obama that we want change now before it is too late.

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kkknitter

Azblue, thanks for you post. Shaggy, I wish it was that easy. Let's start out with telling President Obama that we want change now before it is too late.

Kristina

:: I have the sinking feeling that we can tell Mr. Obama over and over and I know in my heart he agrees, but he can't wave a magic wand and force the Republicans or others to do as he wishes. It doesn't work that way. I believe he knows how we feel, but he is in the unenviable position of wanting what we want but being between the devil and the deep blue sea. Perhaps we should spend our energies letting those who are in the way know how we feel and not blame POTUS for not being a magician.

M L
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

867 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2011 :  2:44:28 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to a video, which was brought to my attention by my county's labor council (so yes, it is on labor's side of the issue):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TmSNPpzkWc

(The bagpiper at the end is playing the U of Wisconsin's fight song.)

flicka
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  7:44:10 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The minute my eyes popped open this morning DH told me about the Krugman article. I am so angry about it. Thanks for linking it Kristina.

Flicka and Azblue, thank you, too!

I'm taking a vacation from the computer for awhile. It's starting to make me sick or feel like throwing eggs and rotten tomatoes. You know, the good old English way.

Lella

Zippiknits

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe